• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's #21 Synthetic Sealant Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey,

You should not use the product in direct sunlight. The lubricating oils in the product will dry too fast leaving the product to gum up and clump in thick patches.

Appy to a cool surface and work the product longer and you should be good to go!!

Look forward to the full-on sun shots!!!

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thanks Tim!

I always apply my products in the shade, but I noticed that sun was coming through a window and hitting the car in a certain area. This was the most problematic area, and as you suggested, I think the other areas were hard to remove b/c I didn't work it long enough.

Either way, I couldn't remove any of it using the PC. Hopefully next time I'll have it thin enough and worked long enough where I can use my PC to remove.

Thanks again

Comment

would you want to top 21 with say 26, or 16 ?
        Which to drive the Miata or Mazda6

Comment

I've topped NXT with a coat of 26 and a coat of 16.

It seems to work out well.

I wouldn't recommend using NXT or 21 on top of a carnauba b/c both have mild cleaners in them that would remove some of the carnauba.

Comment

I think you misunderstod can you put 16, or 26 over 21 as a topper?
            Which to drive the Miata or Mazda6

Comment

Yes you could. NXT and 21 are pretty much the same in regard to what would be a topper. Any carnauba on top of a synthetic sealant would be fine

Comment

Great review, and great pics. That black looks really wet!

Be careful when using a terry bonnet...terry can leave micro-marring, especially visible on black.

Better to use a hi-quality MF bonnet.
                Paul Marmarinos
                Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
                "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

Simply AWESOME job!
                  "NOW IS THE TIME"

Comment

Looks great. Good job.

Looks like you're by the pier. Protect that finish from the salt air.

Comment

Right next door to the Pier. At the Village Apartments. Although I'll only be here for another month before I'm relocated to Bakersfield. Quite a difference!

Comment

I WANT SOME #21!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');