• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

windshield smudges. help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely!

Comment

Re: windshield smudges. help!

Did you use a glass cleaner to remove any residue from the UC? May or may not have to.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Nope just wiped it off with a microfiber towel and paper towel.

Comment

We had had some rain this morning and unfortunately the UC didn't accomplish what I had hoped. Should I declare this new windhshield defective and get it replaced? I ask because this thing, whatever it is that I cannot get out of the window makes it hard for me to see especially at night when I drive. The wipers go left to right which makes the imperfection in the window appear and then it goes away but comes back with each wiper stroke.

Comment

Sorry to hear that.... I am certainly out of ideas. I guess you can see what insurance, etc would say....
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I think I will but I don't want my premium to go up.

Comment

The weird part is its only visible when the wipers work back and forth.

Comment

Here's a product you may want to try: No-Touch Auto Glass Stripper. Part #GS8, You should be able to find it at most auto parts stores.

Bill

Mods, if this recommendation is a no-no...please delete.

Comment

Thx what does this do?

Comment

As the name says...it 'strips' the glass of just about anything. Leftover RainX, wax, etc. Think it as a super duper cleaner.

It is NOT a wipe on/wipe off product, it takes some 'passion'.

Side story: We had friends from Seattle here a few years back and he was complaining about the windshield...used the No-Touch and all was good. When he got back home he bought his own and uses it about once a year. Normally he won't buy 'stuff' for his car, but this he did.

This should be available at Auto Zone/Advanced/O'Reillys etc.

Bill

Comment

Thx

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');