• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

windshield smudges. help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: windshield smudges. help!

I recently cleaned all my windows with NXT Glass Cleaner. I now have sparkles all over my windows, inside and out. I can describe them as looking like diamond dust. I used a glass cleaning microfiber. I have since tried to get those off, but I can't. What are they and how can I fix my windshield? Help!

Comment

^^ A photo would be handy. It's not lint from the microfibre is it? I get that sometimes, in which case washing the windshield/car will get them off. If not, try claying the windshield.
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Update
        1 month later.

I used the clay bar and UQW ( which is great for rain just like Rain X) but when my wipers go left to right I still see an embedded blob in my window 7in wide x 5 in high. I don't get it. How do I get this thing out of my window? I only see it when my wiper go right to left and then it fades away. Its very distracting when I drive especially at night. Should I try isopropyl alcohol?

Comment

Maybe, but don't forget that will remove your UQW / RainX or anything else you have on there, so you'd have to re-apply.

Personally, I would polish the windshield with M105 / UC or similar.
          I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Sure, try the alcohol, wont hurt.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I live in WI where it freezing right now. What's the best way to polish it?

Comment

Well, you may have to wait for a slightly warm day, or a garage you can borrow.

I've tried the defrosters, and they dont warm it up enough.

Comment

This thing, whatever it is, is annoying me while i drive.
                  I can't get this foggy looking thing off of my window no matter what I do. I wonder if window is defective. I had the windshield replaced in the summer.

Comment

I'm betting polishing will take care of it.

Not sure how to do that in freezing conditions though. I've never had to deal with that over here..

Comment

Right now its in the 40's. What product should i use again? What is UC?

Comment

UC would be Ultimate Compound.

Do you have any of the paint cleaners on hand? ScratchX, SwirlX, etc?

Comment

Unfortunately no. Just uqw, ICE polish or black magic liquid wax.

Comment

Dont know enough about the ICE polish to say anything about that.

Hate to have you buy something else and it not work, but UC would be what I would try.

Did we try dishsoap?

Comment

Let me ask this. When the windshield was installed over the summer I washed my suv by hand. I applied rain x on the windhield, but i didnt claybar it (found out that i should have afterwards).....is this mark or whatever
                              this is in the glass permanent possibly? Might be a defective windshield?

Comment

I wouldnt think claying or not would cause this much hassle.

I dont know about defective, but there could be some sort of glue residue or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');