• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

windshield smudges. help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: windshield smudges. help!

+10000 on the UC.. that stuff is MEAN. Only one time did i need to go to the glass water spot remover over the UC and it was because the lady was parking uder a leaking water pipe in her building and was etching in for over a year.

UC, on a foam pad IMO works great. On a microfiber pad i find it dries too quickly.. Work it in good, then clean really well. Add the QD and presto u should be good to go.

Chances are its not defective glass.. its gotta be some kind of residue thats embedded pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by jrsb1418 View Post
      +10000 on the UC.. that stuff is MEAN. Only one time did i need to go to the glass water spot remover over the UC and it was because the lady was parking uder a leaking water pipe in her building and was etching in for over a year.

UC, on a foam pad IMO works great. On a microfiber pad i find it dries too quickly.. Work it in good, then clean really well. Add the QD and presto u should be good to go.

Chances are its not defective glass.. its gotta be some kind of residue thats embedded pretty good.
      Where would be a good place to find foam pads? Walmart, advance auto parts, etc...none of them around me have any. They are all the microfiber kind.

Comment

Hard to say... online usually.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

After applying ultimate compound do I use a Terry towel or microfiber towel to wipe it dry?

Also, how much ultimate compound do I apply to the foam pad? Small medium or large amount? Do I apply it in swirls?

Comment

A MF would probably remove best.

You can apply it with foam or terry cloth. I guess a medium amount.. I mean you need to be able to wipe it across a small section, then work it in some.

Comment

It's 50 in WI today so I will try it. Do you think it's a good idea that I apply it when it has been in the shade? I have it parked outside in the sun for a while today.

Comment

Does the glass even feel warm? I doubt it matters at 50.

Comment

Sort of. I was just wondering how sensitive the UC is to he window at certain temps.

Comment

Probaby better a tad warm.

Comment

Its fine to do it directly in the sun?

Comment

Yeah, the sun doesnt matter.

It is the surface temp.

Comment

I also have a '05 Toyota Highlander with polished aluminum rims. Is UC safe to use on them?

Comment

How did the glass turn out?

Yeah, it would be safe, acts kind of like a metal polish.

Comment

So far it looks like it worked, but until it rains I really can't wait.

On the downside it really didn't help on my wife's rims. Check out my other thread.....

Comment

Well, hopefully a start...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');