• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car back from autobody shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car back from autobody shop

My wife's SUV was hit in a parking lot... ( A Church Parking Lot No Less) So I've at it repaired and will be picking it up today...

With new paint on the hood and quarter panel I was going to wash with #26 Car Wash and then Final Inspection...

Is this the best way to go or is there a better way to get through the 90 days recommended prior to doing the full detail.

Thanks for your imput.

Bill P.

Hi Bill,

For fresh paint, washing with M00 Hi-Tech Wash or M62 Car Wash and Shampoo Conditioner is perfectly safe and recommended.

For quick removal of light dust, airborne contaminants etc. M34 Final Inspection is formulated to be safe on fresh paint. If you want to polish the paint before the recommended waiting period, (usually 30 days minimum), then any of our pure polishes are formulated for use with fresh paint, (Even Deep Crystal Polish in the Consumer Line), and also M80 Speed Glaze, which is a cleaner/polish, but which also contains a fresh paint polymer that provides a little protection during this waiting period.

If the car is being placed back into service as a daily driver, if it we're mine, I would apply a thin coat of a pure polish and then wash and maintain as normal. Re-apply the pure polish after each wash and after the waiting period is over apply a wax of your choice.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

was her trip to the body shop as pleasant as mine?

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...&postid=515124

Comment

Car Back

Thanks Mike really appreciate your help and expertise...

Bill P.

Comment

help

OK here my question my is as has been siting for 2 years not covered at all and now so much dust on. Give a list on steps on these cheers and thax everyone.........
          BIMMER FAN OWNER FOR LIFE...

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');