• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post Your Beading Shots!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Your Beading Shots!!!

I'm not sure if this is the right sub-forum to create this thread. Mods, if this is not, please feel free to move it to the proper sub-forum.

Anyway, I recently put on a coat of Ultimate Liquid Wax. I'm just amazed at the hydrophobic effects it gives especially when I hit it with a stream of water. Well recently, it's been raining in Phoenix which is rare nowadays... It already rained last weekend so the car already had a layer of dirt on. I would have thought that this would degrade the effect of the water beading but boy I was wrong. I woke up today and it was drizzling. I got out of bed and rushed to the garage to see how the water beading on the car looks (sad huh??). I was all smiles as I opened the garage door. As I saw that, it got me thinking that we don't have a water beading show off thread so I quickly got my camera and snapped a few pics.

So members of MOL, show off your beading shots!!! Please make sure to post what LSP you used. I'll get started.

LSP: Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax

Just imagine if the surface was clean... The beading would probably be tighter.
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Re: Post Your Beading Shots!!!

Meguiars M66 Quick Detailer topped with Synthetic-X Press Spray Wax. Clean paint.

HD POXY. Dirty paint.

Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Let's see if this works.... It's NXT Gen 2.0 and it refuses to let water stay on it...

Comment

Thanks for sharing your pics Nick and dtuna!

There was some rain that passed by this morning from California. I didn't hesitate to grab the camera and snap some pics:

It still has the same coat of ULW as my last post. It was washed with a rinseless wash last week.

Anybody else have any beading shots?! Please post yours! I'd love to see them!
        2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Ultimate Wax Paste topped with M16. This picture was after about 3 months. This car sits outside and has been through several rainstorms since then. Very resilient stuff.

Comment

Comment

Great shots fellas! As I got home this evening I noticed the water beads on my wife's car. I got a little artsy on this but I love how the beads looked with the light. All this paint has is X-Press spray wax. Car is a bit dirty but the X-press seems to be holding well.
              Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
              www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
              Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Alright Marc, just as I was about to leave work today, I remembered this thread, so I got back out of my truck and snapped some pictures, so you better enjoy them!

My LSP is Ultimate Paste Wax at about 2 weeks or so ago. The evening before these were snapped, I used Duragloss 921. I'll tell you what, this stuff really keeps the road grime from sticking. If applied within a day or two or three before a rainstorm, you can go out driving in the rain, and when your car dries, it will appear as if your car was never in the rain.

Always searching for the best.... Keep it country!
                ---------
                SkiDoo Snowmobiles!

Comment

Just a few shots of my daily driver.
                  Professional polish by Dust to Glory & Opti-Guard (pro version) applied a few months back.
                  Not supposed to be necessary, but I like to keep a layer of added protection on top of that,
                  SO these pics were taken a few days after a layer of Meguiars Gold Class Carnauba Plus Premium Liquid Wax.

Thanks for looking!

Comment

Some pics I took last month of my father's 2001 Buick Century. Collinite 476 was used and I believe it had been applied at least a month before these pics were taken. I use Meguiars colorx topped with NXT 2.0 on my black 2001 Ford Ranger but I didn't take any beading shots. My truck beads just as well as my Dad's car but I prefer to use the collinite on his car because of the color.

Comment

Would have some but it has barely rained in the past 3 months and i like to keep it out of the rain but when i wash it i have a hard time getting it soaped fast enough before the water all beads off

Comment

Getting to be that time of year, beading may not be possible.
                        New car, no base coat of wax yet. Car was just washed with Ultimate Wash and Wax and dried using
                        waffle weave and Ultimate Quik Wax. The next morning the picture was taken of the hood. The lower portion
                        covered with clear bra.

Winter gotta love it.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        David

Comment

Some of my personal vehicle I snapped after a quick rain.

It has been corrected using the D300 and MF cutting disk system followed up by M205 and a black LC CCS pad, then waxed with Wolfgang Fuzion by hand. It had been a few months since it's last maintenance and touch up...and received a quick D301 and polishing disk treatment after a quick wash. This is what we have...

Brian's Custom Detailing
                          Where detail matters.
                          www.brianscustomdetailing.com

Comment

Phone picks but LSP is NXT 2.0 toped with UQW.

[IMG][/IMG]
                            2008 Mazda CX-9 (WIFE'S)
                            1995 Ford F150 XLT (MINE)
                            1995 Honda Accord LX (TOTALED)
                            1962 Lincoln Continental (SOLD)
                            1965 Ford Mustang (NEW PROJECT)

Comment

[IMG]
                              2008 Mazda CX-9 (WIFE'S)
                              1995 Ford F150 XLT (MINE)
                              1995 Honda Accord LX (TOTALED)