• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

would iron x remove water spots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would iron x remove water spots?

I have some heavy water spots and was wondering if they would be removed by iron x instead of having to use the DA on the whole car? I know that vinegar works but these are reallllly heavy, run your fingers and feel the water etching type of stains. The neighbors sprinklers have hit it for some time now, looks like a mission to do.

Re: would iron x remove water spots?

Not etched in ones.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

As Mat said above, if they etched you need to level surrounding paint, to water spots depth, to remove them. Paint cleaner or cleaner/ polish will be needed.

Comment

Ok so then what is iron x really good for? Light water spot or none at all.

Comment

Iron/metal/rust etc deposits that are bonded on the paint.

Comment

So any good chemical out there to soften or help remove water stains to help out the UC?

Comment

Well, if the water mark is below the surface, it is basically like a scratch or swirl. I havent heard of anything besides a paint cleaner like UC, or similar from other companies, to remove some paint and level things out.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');