• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ironing Carpet?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ironing Carpet?...

So I was ironing a shirt and misting water on the creases to iron them out, and I noticed how quickly the shirt would dry even when soaked with water. So I got to thinking, after using APC+, brush, and LGM on carpet, could you use an iron at a medium setting to help dry what the LGM left behind? Just wondering what some of you may think about this. I don't think I would try it on seats though in fear of melting the foam underneath.

Re: Ironing Carpet?...

It would be fairly risky as there is a massive variation in materials used for automotive carpets. Some cars use recycled water bottles, others recycled jeans, etc. I know a lot of plastic-based, so an iron might melt the carpet itself.

Comment

Re: Ironing Carpet?...

Lot of carpets are nylon based. Don't get any ideas going throug car wash with windows open to wash the carpet! LOL

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');