• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

carpet yellowing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carpet yellowing

I have used APC+ 4:1 to wash my carpet few times, and have noticed yellowing problem on my light Ivory color carpets. What could be wrong???

Re: carpet yellowing

What sort of sponge/towel did you use?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Maybe didn't rinse it well enough?
      Scott

Comment

I don't use sponge or towel for cleaning carpet. I usually wet the carpet, brush it clean with APC+, then clean up the water with home extractor.

Comment

That's what I was wondering, too. If that's the case, can it be corrected by washing again?

Comment

Pictures would help.
            Scott

Comment

Dont know if this can help but I had the same problem one time only with some airplane seats upolstery afyter cleaning they turned yellow.

I was very freaked out as the owners were too !

I researched online and found that sometimes the cleaners that have a high PH can do this and to fix the problem cleaning with 50 percent white vinegar diluted with water can bring the ph back down.

I returned the next day ,sprayed with the vinegar and put the seats out in the sun to dry and just like magic they turned back to white!

The detailing Gods were with me that day!

Comment

It may be your mats some floormats(store bought) will leech and turn the carpet yellow
                Even the best cars look like junk when they are not clean

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');