• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TERRY CLOTH Vs. CHAMOIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlueLibby04
    Do people really use leaf blowers?
    i use a leaf blower for the side mirrors, tires & rims, in and around the trim, in the cracks of the head & tail lights, air vents, etc.. i don't use it as a complete source for drying the whole car as you need to use a quality waffle weave, microfiber towel to wipe away the excess anyway (it works good to get in the nook & crannies where water hides). also... you have to be careful when using the LB in the heat, as you can get dried up water spots on the finish easily!
    Last edited by imacarnut; Aug 3, 2006, 12:50 AM.

Comment

I saw that many people liked the water magnet, so I bought one and was very dissapointed. I did not expect for the towel to snag on my emblems and almost rip them off. I was not wiping agressively. Now there is a big snag on the towel. Not to mention that the streaks left behind looked bad and had to be gone over with one of my microfibers. I thought that these WM came prewashed and ready to use??!! I think I will try again with it befoare I give it away - I am sure the comments of so many people could not be wrong about this product.

Comment

I have, what I call, two phoney chamios. I've had them for a long time . The only thing I do is when they get really durty is to rinse them in the sink till the water runs cleaner then roll up and back into the tube you go. Never had a problem when drying the truck .

ED

Comment

Re: TERRY CLOTH Vs. CHAMOIS

Originally posted by the other pc View Post
          You left out licking the water off.

Oh, wait a minute, that's my cat, not my car.

Uh, I mean my cat licks himself dry. I don't lick my cat dry. Or my car.

PC.
          Way to funny!

I just noticed this on MaximusZTS signature and searched for it, the wording makes it very easy to find using the handy search feature.
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I use Microfiber Super Suede. Like others here we can't get the Water Magnet here in Aus. But I am getting two shipped from the US so it will be good to see what they are like.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Bumper View Post
              I'm using a synthetic chamois for now.

One thing I like to do when drying a car, is to keep a bucket of fresh water on hand to dunk the chamois in after a wipe or two.

Believe it or not, but the water gets slightly dirty near the end of drying the car.

Must be dust that settles onto the finish after rinsing.
              I'm using a synthetic chamois for now.
              yes me to
              plan buy if possible meguiars.or better quality
              alberto gorin
              known as gorin002

Comment

California Water Blade + Microfiber towels

I bought a Microfiber Super Suede Drying towel and was not impressed. It seemed to not pick up much water at all. I am wondering though if it was just a 'defective' one or if someone threw it in the washer with fabric softener...

I am starting to concider the Water Magnet to use with the California Water Blade though

Comment

I use some old towels that are 100% cotton, just like terry cloths, but they are body size, just like what you would use when you get out of the shower!! They work well because they are so big and you don't need many to do the entire car. I just don't see how terry cloths or really small towels like that are capable of drying an entire car; of course they probably absorb much more water than the towels I use!
                  Glenn's 2005 Pontiac Grand Am GT with SC/T Appearance Package
                  Best 1/8-mile: 9.975 @ 70.960 (60': 2.257)
                  UNCC Horsepower Addicts

Comment

Originally posted by italian49er2010 View Post
                    I use some old towels that are 100% cotton, just like terry cloths, but they are body size, just like what you would use when you get out of the shower!! They work well because they are so big and you don't need many to do the entire car. I just don't see how terry cloths or really small towels like that are capable of drying an entire car; of course they probably absorb much more water than the towels I use!
                    i have 1 terry cloth regulair towel you use i got some to
                    are cheaper
                    alberto gorin
                    known as gorin002

Comment

I actually use a few of the methods in the poll. I use microfibre for the body of the car.. usually the blotting method. As well I use a leaf blower to remove water from the crevices around the door hinges,tail lights etc.
                      I'm getting bugged driving up and down the same old strip

Comment

Not enough options in the Poll

I use a Leaf blower and MF towels. I any of you have dryed off a Mustang GT, the side and hood have scoops which give you a Grille look, but are in essence devices made by the devil himself to individually hold a quart of water each, which of course then slowly drains causing water trails. If you don't use a lot of fast blowing air OR just leave a towel there stuck up against the grille pattern, the first time you drive you'll see how much water was retained. I don't use the waffle weave MF. I've had great success with the blue Wally World (and now Sam's 25 pack) MF towels. I now have enough of them where I can use 7 or 8per vehicle.
                        03 Mustang GT Ragtop, Redfire Metallic
                        Hurst equipped, Don't forget the chrome tipped dual exhaust!

Comment

I use the big water blade to go over the car, then to get the smaller stuff I use Synthetic Drying Towels. Works great! I really like the results.

Comment

I voted for the Synthetic Drying Towels (Absorber) option. I have pretty much used an Absorber for as long as I can remember. I will have to try the Water Magnet though as soon as I see one.

Comment

can u tell me wat the sythetic is i never herd of it
                              - INKO'S

~ What White Tea Taste Like

Comment

I use a Chemical Guys waffle weave drying towel.. they cost an arm and a leg but they are amazin ahah.
                                02 Ford F250 Super Duty
                                International T444E 7.3L Diesel
                                Not exactly stock...laundry list of mods.
                                Straight Piped
                                PHP FU chip

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');