• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TERRY CLOTH Vs. CHAMOIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TERRY CLOTH Vs. CHAMOIS

Originally posted by d.mopar View Post
    can u tell me wat the sythetic is i never herd of it
    Synthetic is another term for man-made materials. Such as rayon, nylon, polyester, etc.
    r. b.

Comment

My Water Magnet is the best thing I have ever used.
      Born to be hated;Dying to be loved.

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited...1967 Ford Mustang 5.0...2001 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

Comment

I tried to vote for two choices. I'll explain.

First I remove the majority of the water with my electric leaf blower.

Then follow up with a waffle weave drying towel.

I do this even though I am using filtered, deionized water. There is so much dust in the air where I live that if I just let the car sit to dry, the water droplets might not leave water spots but the dust that had settled would remain glued to the finish.

Comment

I recently started using a water blade followed by a synthectic chamois, does a quick job and leaves very few water marks.

Comment

I use a synthectic chamois and they work great with little or no spots either

Comment

its absorber followed by water magnet for me

Comment

I have a particular interest in this and have already put a thread in D101.I have used chamois for years and am still currently using the same ones from 20 yrs ago.I havn't encountered any problems with them at all(as far as i'm aware). The only trouble is,they're a bit small and it takes me longer to dry the car i.e. water spots.I should really go and buy a larger one.

I also mentioned before,what is the proper way to clean them? Does anyone have any expertise in this region. I normally just rub them together in luke warm water.
                Last edited by Eddie6th; Jun 3, 2009, 05:44 PM. Reason: additional info

Comment

Are the Water Magnets available in Australia? Possibly under another name?

Cheers.

Comment

We don't get Water magnets here in Australia, they are essentially a waffle weave microfibe towel which we do have access to.
                    The Best Last Step, is the step backwards you take to admire your work!
                    Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                    If you use #7 on your car, you're not in good company... you're in GREAT company!

Comment

I sheet most of the water off the car and then dab off the rest with an absorber or any synthetic shammy

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');