• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How I hate dealers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I hate dealers...

After spending about 14 hours over the weekend detailing my BLACK mustang gt compounding out swirls following with polish and wax. I had to take it to the dealer for warranty work and what do I have hanging on my mirror of my car? A tag saying " We hand washed your car for you".... Seriously!!!!!! And reading on it says this is a complimentary service offered everytime you come in. If its offered why the heck wasn't I asked? I had it flawless guys paint so flawless. I haven't / can't even bring myself to look to see what happened. I hope like heck my wax saves my rear on this. So the paint isn't bare so it is somewhat protected. I swear the things to ruin my day and hard work. It really irritated me that it said its offered to you. Well, I didn't approve of it.
    Last edited by Markus Kleis; Dec 6, 2011, 09:42 AM. Reason: Family friendly language

Re: How I hate dealers...

Every time I get my truck serviced....I make sure the service writer puts on the service sheet....Do not wash this truck!
    Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Not does it take them forever to do simple Maintenance jobs, but they can't even wash the car correctly. The problem is they have to wash the car in a "rushed" manner since most of the cars they sevice may have been dirtied for some reason which can be unavoidable at times so they feel obliged (?) to return the car clean to the client. I'm not defending them, but that is the unfortunate compromise. Maybe they don't want to end up with a whole cue of cars that need to be washed. Because of this, i believe they end up using one drying towel for a whole cue of cars.

Comment

I would NEVER suggest someone getting their car washed at a dealer

Comment

Originally posted by SVT Lightning View Post
          Every time I get my truck serviced....I make sure the service writer puts on the service sheet....Do not wash this truck!
          Me too!

Plus, I put a sign prominantley on the dash saying "PLEASE DO NOT WASH THIS CAR". The sign lives in my glove compartment and comes out whenever the car gets serviced..
          Originally posted by Blueline
          I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Washing a car is in my opinion, also an art form.. or a scientific, methodical activity to keep cars looking flawless. not just a mere wet/wipe dry thing most people think. so much damage can be done by simply being neglegent in washing/drying a car.

Comment

I used to insist to have it washed.Now that I take car of it myself I make sure it's perfect every time I have it serviced.They take better care of clean shiny car.

Comment

Originally posted by ffboy View Post
                Washing a car is in my opinion, also an art form.. or a scientific, methodical activity to keep cars looking flawless. not just a mere wet/wipe dry thing most people think. so much damage can be done by simply being neglegent in washing/drying a car.
                The above post hits the nail on the head.

Although less than 1% of the world population can grasp or understand this.
                Nick
                Tucker's Detailing Services
                815-954-0773
                2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

The one thing that saved my butt was probably having it clean to begin with. Because it rained this morning on the way but I doubt it dried to look real dirty. So that saved my paint. They don't use normal towels they do use nice equipment so thankfully they do that.

Comment

If it were up to me, well, i do most of the time, i wake up early just to clean the car. i really find it hard to entrust my car's welfare to anyone else. That's why i regularly use ultimate quik detailer, adds shine and a bit of protection and can be used on a lightly dusty car. no need for so called car wash. because some people think that as long as the car has been showered with water and dried that its good enough or clean. not me though.. If you can't do it right, don't bother! I want it done right, not out of good will... besides, its worth it. if things are done right, you see the results. If not, you see all the swirls and imperfections that weren't there before it was touched. i actually prefer having a car dirty than having it cleaned the wrong way..

Comment

Yeah, whenever I go to the dealer, I say no wash . However, my service advisor always says that they know and already have printed out a no wash sign for the car. I wouldn't be surprised someday if they screw up on this though. ha.

Comment

Mark, I agree totally! My dealer even says.."You probably don't want us to wash it". RIGHT.
                        Barry

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');