• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Diego Mercedes-Benz club at Meguiar's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Diego Mercedes-Benz club at Meguiar's!

This Saturday at Meguiar's Garage!
    Meguiar's would like to welcome members of the San Diego Mercedes-Benz club for our Detailing 101 class!

We would like to thank the President of the San Diego Mercedes Benz Club for bringing us something to demonstrate on!

Hanging out at Meguiar's!

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

SWEET!!!!

Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Once again, Mike, Tim, Shane and Jose come through with a great clinic at Meguiar's

Thanks Mike for a great class. I was happy to finally see and get my hands on some of the new car care accessories from Meguiar's.

I know there's several brushes I need and the new micro-fiber towels and water magnet felt great.

Now I'll have to go out and spend a bunch of dough on Meg's products again.

It was a very diverse group this time and a chance to see some nice classic Mercedes Benz along with a few of their newest models. Lisa was sure showing off her new AMG SLK-55.

This was my second time attending the Detail 101 clinic and I even learned a few things I missed the first time around.

Thanks again, Bill L.
      Last edited by wblynch; Mar 26, 2005, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Great event as always. Mike's a great presenter and detailer. Made that "rotary buffer abused" green car's front shine like new.

Lets get those pictures posted!!!

Comment

Wanted to add pics of the 2 convertibles side by side.

Lisa wiping down here slk (again) after finding out how well her headlight cleaner fluid dispenser worked.

I wish my 450SL had the auto retractable hardtop (or softtop).
          Last edited by regisphilbin; Mar 26, 2005, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Ya thanks Mike, Tom, and everyone else their. It really was a great clinic. And I got my 1980 300CD to look ALOT better with just claying and waxing. I cant wait till I use paint cleaner on it and do the interior. Hopefully you'll hold more soon

Thanks again,
            Patrick

Comment

For Sure

The best teacher ive ever had in all of my schooling, including high school and jr high school and everything. Thanks so much Mike for your hard work and long day of help and very informative information. You make it so easy for anyone to understand how to do something, and i enjoyed myself not 99, but 100% at the meguiars detailing class on saturday. And i Learned soooooooooo much. High five for you and all your helpers, thanks a bunch

Marshall

Comment

Wow!

This class accomplished way more than I expected. I had to enhance my car care knowledge. I had been watching the wheels of my car corrode before my eyes with no help or correct advise from the manufacturer. I had to catch up quick.

Lucky for me, Maguire's products are the best on the planet and, as their resident car care expert, I guess that makes Mike Phillips the best car care expert on the planet!

Questions I didn't even know I had, were answered! Also, after using some of the products, I just kept filling out my order sheet because I kept finding that I was able to do alot of the detailing myself with little effort, the results, thus the products, were just that good!

I now know what to expect and how to get the big stuff done when having a pro detail job done (just take it to Maguire's Detail Center in Lake Forest, actually). And, for myself, I now have the knowledge and know I have the ability to do everyday and last minute stuff, and come away with killer results.

So great! Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by wblynch
                  ... It was a very diverse group this time and a chance to see some nice classic Mercedes Benz along with a few of their newest models. Lisa was sure showing off her new AMG SLK-55 ...
                  Hey! It wasn't my fault everyone wanted a ride, and I had to put the top down (automatically, within 22 seconds, just by pushing a button), and the car got so shiny using the NXT Exterior Detail and Spray Wax (on the already brand new perfect gleaming Iridium Silver paint), and it was already so gorgeous to begin with!!!

Comment

Lisa your car is just along with all the other Benz their.

Comment

Great time, great cars, great info!

I learned alot here, especially about former misconceptions I had about certain cleaning products. If I were to make an analogy, this would be like a religious meet--I am now a believer! Well, of course, it pays to know all the juicy details that Mike explained to us very well. I wish I could detail my car then, but it sure needed a good wash first. Didn't want to scratch my paint if I tried waxing it with all that dust.

Marshall, I didn't get to meet you. You took off before I was able to get a chance! Needless, your car is sick! I think you burned some rubber going out. Did you have a boost gauge in your dash?

Doug, thanks for the ride. Maybe next time I'll have the guts to drive your car. Love that manual Citron coupe!

Regis, I sent you a PM with all the sites you might need. Hope that helps. Let's keep that 450SL in great shape!

Lisa, your car is simply along with three 500E's! You never get another chance like that again. Take some rest now, your foot will see enough action once it heals. If it gets worse, blame that on the joyriders lol

It was nice meeting you all!
                      Last edited by karugs; Mar 27, 2005, 02:42 PM.

Comment

What amazed me at this event is that I clayed and waxed the car with NXT back in November at the MBWorld.com detail days event and at yesterday's event I figured I'ld have to clay it again but the hood was pretty close to as smooth now as 4 months ago. I can't remember a wax that protected for so long. Some people on the forums say NXT doesn't last, don't know what they are basing it on, I think it held up great, specially considering the record breaking rain since November.

Where's the pics of the green car transformation. It's funny that people noticed the orange peel in that paint under the indoor lighting but my 2004 has just as much orange peel when you look at it indoors. Outside it tends to dissapear.

Comment

I was going to wait until Mike put up some swirl photos first since my photography isn't the best but this will do for now......

Before:

After:

Comment

Inside my goodie bag was a bottle of the new NXT spray detailer.

I used it on Jane's silver C-240 wagon yesterday afternoon. That car has 3 month old NXT Tech Wax on it and had been washed in the morning.

Then I washed and used the NXT spray detailer today on my black Jag S-Type. This car has 3 month old Meguiar's Mirror Glaze #16 on it.

I figured the NXT spray detailer would work better on the NXT-waxed car.

Well, the Jag with its #16 is still silky smooth and the spray detailer just glided off that car. It was very impressive.

On the NXT-waxed car, the micro-fiber wipe dragged and stuck and I had to rub pretty hard to get the detailer off. It tended to streak and blotch.

Although the #16 is a little more work to apply, it seems like it has outlasted the NXT.

I like the look of the NXT Tech Wax on that silver car though.

(Both cars live outdoors).

Comment

Grazie Mille

Mike, Tim, Shane and Jose ... well done!

Once again, the staff at Meguiar's is top notch. Thanks for the Goodie bag - much appreciated!

I went to one of the first 'NXT' coming-out Detailing Days last year and one thing I noticed from this last DD, is the extensive collection of new accessories that Meguiar's is now producing. I can not wait to get my hands on my order of goodies!

It was great seeing old faces and new ... in particular, I was very pleased to see how enthused the two Ladies are about their cars - both wonderful (Ladies and their MBs).

Thanks to Tom Richards of MBCA of San Diego for organizing this event. I hope to see everyone at some future event soon. My cadre of 500Es (E500s) tend to do quite a few GTGs in the L.A./O.C./S.D. areas ... hope you all can join us!

I'm Car Crazy !

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');