• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dodo Juice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodo Juice

Hi all-

Anyone try Dodo Juice products? I like how they different waxes for different colors...

Thoughts?

-Mark

Re: Dodo Juice

I have never tried any of their products all I know it is PRICEY

it is beyond what I choose to spend

Comment

awesome stuff and is really durable. You should try some of their sample sizes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjkearns View Post
        I have never tried any of their products all I know it is PRICEY

it is beyond what I choose to spend
        My money certainly doesn't grow on trees, but I'm willing to plunk down a little extra $ for my car. But if it's not worth it, I won't waste my time or money.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosco View Post
          awesome stuff and is really durable. You should try some of their sample sizes.
          Have you tried them? If so, what products? What was your experience with them?

Comment

I have a number of Dodo Juice products - 1 pot of Supernatural Hybrid, a signed first-production run of Bouncer's 22, and sample pots of Hard Candy, Rainforest Rub, Banana Armour and Purple Haze Pro. Only used the SNH to date, which is a fantastic product - still adds a nice carnauba glow, but also has a nice shine, and there was very little drop off in sheeting or beading after six weeks (after which I stripped to re-apply something else ).
            Francis

Comment

Originally posted by umi000 View Post
              I have a number of Dodo Juice products - 1 pot of Supernatural Hybrid, a signed first-production run of Bouncer's 22, and sample pots of Hard Candy, Rainforest Rub, Banana Armour and Purple Haze Pro. Only used the SNH to date, which is a fantastic product - still adds a nice carnauba glow, but also has a nice shine, and there was very little drop off in sheeting or beading after six weeks (after which I stripped to re-apply something else ).
              Thanks for the reply! 6 weeks ain't too shabby for a carnauba...hmmm...

I'm interested in trying the White (or is it "Light"?) Fantastic wax for my silver car.

Comment

I would like to see some Meguiar's products go into the competition
                Gold Class Carnuba plus
                M26
                vs
                some dode juice products

Comment

My opinion is like most of the products hyped up,,,SNAKE OIL. 99.9% is in prep work. I just tried some Blackfire Wet Diamond Vs Colonite 845 vs Megs Ultimate liquid wax. No visible difference to me. All looks same. It is my opinion that most is in the MARKETING.
                  This was all done on black car where you would expect some slight difference.

Comment

^ 100% agree
                    "STRIFE" aka Phil
                    2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
                    2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
                    2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

It isn't all about looks though, is it? Factors like durability, water behaviour, ease of use, non-trim staining, heck, even scent can play a role in decisions - you yourself state that BFWD is easier to remove than 845. Are products like Dodo or Zymol or Swissvax three or four or five times better than others? Probably not, but whether they're worth it or not is up to the individual who is buying it, same as with any decision we make when choosing between more costly products and lower-priced, serviceable alternatives, whether it be cars, clothes, gadgets, and yes, waxes.

As always, to each his own - I don't doubt there are people who think us mad buying these "high-end" Meguiar's and Collinite products, when you can get some Turtle wax, or Kit wax, (or heck, just to keep it in the family, Deep Crystal wax) for less (and I don't doubt that, on a properly prepped surface, these products would all look pretty good).
                      Francis

Comment

Umi000, protection of my paint is more important than looks to me, so durability takes precedence over looks. However, I would most likely be topping UW with some DJ, if I ever plunk down the $. Also, I like your point about properly prepping the vehicle and achieving good results with "cheaper" products.

Mark, thanks for your observations, sir. But to add to Umi000's points- the products you are comparing are all synthetic sealants (please correct me if I'm wrong). I would imagine there to be at least some variance in looks between sealants vs. carnaubas or even between carnaubas and carnaubas. And to reinforce what Umi000 is saying, looks are definitely not everything. The products you compared probably will last longer under different conditions.

Comment

I've applied the Purple Haze Pro as the LSP during the last detail of my Trans Am as well as a second coat 2 weeks later after a wash. I like it just fine, I bought the 30ml "sample" size and it should last me as least 6 more applications. It's cool looking of course and smells nice and it leaves a wonderfully glossy finish that beads like crazy. I can't quite speak to it's durability yet since it's only been applied for a couple of weeks. It's probably the marketing and the name that drew me in the most and the fact that it's a "boutique" wax that isn't available in retail stores. I'm definitely going to get the M26 Meguiar's Hi-Tech wax when my Dodo runs out to compare since I've heard wonderful things about it and I'll certainly get more for my money with it.
                          Mike

Black 98 Pontiac Trans Am
                          Black 07 Dodge Ram 1500 Quadcab Hemi

Comment

I tried the sampler pack of do do juice, I liked it but out of my price range when M26/M21/NXT/GC can be bought for one can of Do Do Juice.....

But hey, if you like it, then use it. I liked it as I said.
                            Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

*broken post* cant edit or save properly.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');