• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's #16 Professional Paste Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar's #16 Professional Paste Wax

I first discovered #16 after a long hiatus from reading the online detailing forums. I had previously found products that I liked, and decided to take time off from my research in the online communities and enjoy the products that I had known and trusted. However, to keep things new and fresh with my car, I decided to invest some time and money in a new wax that would better suit my needs with some extra advantages.

After much research, I decided to go with #16 based on its claims of durability, shine, and longevity. My situation is that my car sits outside most of the time, being subject to all kinds environmental assaults here in the Northeast. Therefore, I needed a wax that would hold up for quite some time with very little maintenance.

The formulation for #16 has supposedly remained the same for the past 50 years. This gave me confidence in knowing I was selecting a product that has withstood the test of time. After trying this product for the first time, I can now see why it has a die-hard following among many detailers.

#16 is a unique wax. You could almost call it “old school� based on the fact that you open the lid with either a coin or a screwdriver. All of you boutique “wax sniffers� should step aside, as this aged beauty doesn’t have to rely on fruity smells or exotic fragrances. Meguiar’s simply provides you with a blue-colored wax that has a light crayon smell to it. It really does remind me of those days back in kindergarten!

Applying #16 was an absolute joy. It glides on the surface easily when applied with a foam applicator. A slight dab in the container gave me enough product to apply in thin layers to my vehicle. Thin layers are the key to success. If you apply it thick and let it dry too long, then you will have a hard time buffing it off. I applied the wax to about two panels at a time (i.e. hood and then one fender), then proceeded to remove it after about ten to fifteen minutes of drying time and repeated the process on two more panels until my car was finished. This method worked perfectly and I had no trouble applying and removing it to my car.

Overall I’d give #16 an excellent review and would recommend it to any detailing enthusiast. After applying it to my car, it gave my black finish a deep, high gloss shine that looked and felt like the surface was “wet� and well protected. The slickness was unbelievable too, probably one of the slickest waxes I have used to date. Water seemed to just “fly� off the surface and I feel reassured that my car will be protected during the winter months. If you haven’t tried #16 yet, then go out and buy some as you will not be disappointed!
    Jeff

You have my vote on #16, I have two coats of NXT topped with #16 last September and after a harsh Canadian winter, the darn stuff still beads and swirls are very very minimal, after a pressure gun spray clean with no physical contact to the surface, my car still looks like the day its was just polished and waxed. For under $20cdn #16 is price vs performance vs durability vs shine/gloss the best stuff you can buy, now only if Meguair's will still keep it in their product line , dang they have a good thing going for them, why ruin it by discontinuing it ?

I'am a purist at heart, I don't believe everything new is always better or nice glossy packaging will make the product perform better, the results speak for themselves !

Today's youth should learn from the past and yes they truly "don't make things like they used too !"

Yes, I'am not that old and I yes I'am a GenerationXer, yes I drink my coffee black, yes I write with a fountain pen everyday not like those big shots that only use it for their signature, yes I enjoy the simple pleasures of a Cuban cigar(censored for you US folks ...LoL) and dang yes I even wear a fedra from time to time ! ...LoL
    Last edited by EdT; Apr 2, 2005, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Best darn wax Meguires makes, or should I say MADE.
      I'm going to stock up on 3 or 4 cans before you can't find it anymore.

Comment

Yes, it is a shame that this wonderful wax is no longer made. Who knows, maybe one day Meguiar's will come out with a similar formulation that meets VOC requirements. It always helps to remain optimistic, as many "sleeper" products sometimes do make a comeback.
        Jeff

Comment

I stocked up on this one, even both my kids wanted a can-my older boy for his own car, my younger boy wants to do exterior details in his neighborhood. Got two full tins of my own.

Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

zey's detailing photography blog

Comment

Ol' 16 is great stuff with amazing durability and water beading. I use no 16 wax on top of Gold Class wax over no 7 glaze and the look and lastabilty are tops. I have one open can of 16 and three more full cans in reserve.
              It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to detail all of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pschrink
                Ol' 16 is great stuff with amazing durability and water beading. I use no 16 wax on top of Gold Class wax over no 7 glaze and the look and lastabilty are tops. I have one open can of 16 and three more full cans in reserve.
                Good send me 2 of the extra cans and you'll still have one extra. FAIR????
                Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');