• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

slow page loading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slow page loading

Somewhere a few weeks ago I noticed a significant slowdown in page loading here at MOL. It was before your recent outages and continues now. Upon arrival to the site the home page takes about 5-10 seconds (timed, not estimated) to load. Every subsequent page i visit takes several seconds to load as well. I don't experience delays at any other forums I visit. I tried this both as a registered user and a guest. I've tried this with both Safari and Firefox running on both an iMac and a MBP. Tired this from different ISP's, both Time Warner and Comcast. The slowness occurs at all times of the day or night. Not complaining, mind you, just commenting on my experience here at MOL.
    Jim
    My Gallery

Re: slow page loading

Originally posted by jfelbab View Post
    Somewhere a few weeks ago I noticed a significant slowdown in page loading here at MOL. It was before your recent outages and continues now. Upon arrival to the site the home page takes about 5-10 seconds (timed, not estimated) to load. Every subsequent page i visit takes several seconds to load as well. I don't experience delays at any other forums I visit. I tried this both as a registered user and a guest. I've tried this with both Safari and Firefox running on both an iMac and a MBP. Tired this from different ISP's, both Time Warner and Comcast. The slowness occurs at all times of the day or night. Not complaining, mind you, just commenting on my experience here at MOL.
    You are not the only one, there was numerous complaints about this for months. This site is shared with another and on slow server and possibly bandwidth is not what is should be. Something we just learned to live with. I hate to say it but many other people left here for that reason. I still stick around,,,LOL It is what it is I guess!

Comment

Re: slow page loading

i'm takin a brake from detailing a 98 explorer. it's gonna take me over 12 hours to get this thing clean and shinin inside and out. a few extra seconds to load pages are okay for me with all the knowledge i have received here.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');