• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glass Cleaners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass Cleaners?

Hey guys, Quick question i dont know where to post this question i have, and since this is product reviews i thought it would be good to ask it here, What cleaner do you use on your windows, I have tints and i dont want to use just windex becauce ive heard it eats at the tint, for the longest time ive used a damp cloth and some soapy water, but what products from miguiars are good for windows and glass,

I know here in toronto, they dont have alot of stores to get meguiars stuff ???
    Against All Odds

I don't have tint window's but I use Rain X on them. It spray's out foam. And it does leave a film on the glass.

Comment

I've tried many products and the best I've tried by far is the NXT Glass Cleaner. I can't recommend it enough. It works on every sort of glass with no haze, no streaks, no nasty ammonia vapors, no nasty smells whatsoever. It's just an amazing product.
      "Son, crying in your milk is bad enough; crying in your hot fudge sundae is just disgusting."
      R.A. Heinlein

Comment

Thanks guys
        im going to go out and see if they got that product around here where i live...
        Against All Odds

Comment

NXT Glass cleaner does rock, I like it as much as the concentrate. I use window scrub and Rain Clear gel for my windows available from autogeek. Also a window cleaner and some #0000 steel wool works very well on non tinted windows. I have even tried Mike's method of #4 with a DA or rotary to clean the windows.
          "Washing for the People"

Comment

Meguiar's new NXT Glass Cleaner is formulated to be completely safe on tinted window, as is and always has been our glass cleaner in our Professional Detailer Line.

I've seen people recommend steel wool for windows all of my life, and all of my life I've owned mostly older cars, and most of the windows on these older cars always look scratched like someone cleaned them with steel wool. Personally, I would never use steel wool to clean glass. There are safer alternatives.

p.s.

I've moved this to the Detailing 101 forum as it is a question, not a review.
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');