• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which Lake Country pads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which Lake Country pads?

I am wanting to buy some new pads for my g110v1 and was looking at the lake country pads do to price point. A 6-pack looks nice but i dont know which pads to get! Do i get the css pads or the flat pads or what!!?? So someone please belp me choose wbich type and colors for the pads.

I tbink i read not to use the orange pad, am i right?

Re: which Lake Country pads?

what is this for? they have different pads for cutting, polishing, etc.
    The general rule of thumb is to use the least aggressive pad for the job. I have not used CSS, but I hear they are good pads.
    A n00b detailer on shoe-string budget
    http://n00bdetailer.blogspot.com/
    ----

Comment

They have a very helpful web site. For sure check out this application guide.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      David

Comment

Lake Country makes some nice pads but the selection can be daunting, six or seven different colors to correspond to cut and then multiply that by the pad styles available equals a whole lot of choices. Selecting a pad really boils down to machine, technique, and product you are using. You mentioned in another post you were using M105/M205 with great success, what pads did you use there?

Please don't take this as a knock on LC, but Meguiar's offers some very nice pads and the choice of cut is much simpler (Cut, Polish, Finish), have you tried these yet? Auto Detailing Solutions currently offers a six pack of the Soft Buff pads for $60 or a twelve pack for $100 which makes them very cost effective.

Comment

I am using M105, M205, 7, and the high tech yellow wax on a G110V1. When i used 105 and 205 i used the polishing pad for 105 and finishing for 205. I cant use a cutting pad on the DA correct? Just polishing and finishing pads...

Yeah the megs are great pads but when i can get the same amount of pads in the lc for $20 cheaper (6 lc pads are $35) id like to go that route if possible

Comment

No reason you can't use a cutting pad on a DA, you might be confusing this with wool pads which are intended for rotary use. Between flat and CCS I always choose the flat pads when working on a DA, but it's really personal preference.

Orange, white, and Gray pads are what I prefer, the Blue, Red, and Gold are redundant and I found offered no benefit over the Gray, they just tended to absorb more product which is wasteful. Hydro-Tech pads were a favorite of mine when they were first released as the Cyan and Tangerine corresponded well with M105 and M205, but the velcro backers gave me (and many others) issues with the adhesive on the velcro backer failing. I have not heard anything about this recently so LC may have corrected this, I cannot confirm though.

Nice to see another user of Hi-Tech Yellow Wax (M26), this is really a hidden gem in the Meguiar's lineup. I used it a few weeks ago when we got a reprieve from the cold weather for a quick cleanup of my daily driver and was quickly reminded of how great it is.

Comment

See if this helps too: http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-P...-cut-compound/
              A n00b detailer on shoe-string budget
              http://n00bdetailer.blogspot.com/
              ----

Comment

Get low-profile (thinner) 5.5" pads, either the flats or the Hydrotechs - orange, white and black/grey for the flat pads, and cyan, tangerine and crimson for the Hydrotechs (cutting, polishing and finishing, in the proper order). Might also be worth looking at Buff and Shine pads (available at ADS) - a number of detailers on other forums swear by them, and have great success with yellow, green and black.
                Francis

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');