• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North County Corvette Club Detail Day at Meguiar's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a collection of some of the really nice Corvettes that drove all the way from San Diego to attend this event.

Meguiar’s says thank-you!

(This is by no means all of the Corvettes, just some of the ones I was able to capture in-between working on some of the other cars)
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
      Mike,

Can you please post the dates, if possible, for the Car Crazy TV show that will have the above Vettes featured?

Thanks
      Tim
      Yes, I'll get that information from Art Royce, the gentleman doing the interviewing and post it here, I think it's coming up real soon!

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

T.J. Harmon, conducted a "How To Remove Scratches and produce a Flawless Finish" clinic on one side of the Garage.

First he used the rotary buffer and some #84 with a W-7006 foam cutting pad to removes some serious scratches. After compounding the finish, the owner and some friends inspected the results closely.

The nice thing about Meguiar's Compounds, Paint Cleaners, and Cleaner/Polishes is they all utilize Meguiar's advanced Microscopic Diminishing Abrasive Technology embodied in a rich, lubricating film. This prevents the finish from becoming scoured and scratched while machine buffing.

After compounding the scratches out, T.J. then re-polished the entire area using [b]M-83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish with a W-8006 foam polishing pad on the rotary buffer.

Afterwards, the finish was inspected again, this time the results were even more impressive. That's because each step in the Meguiar's system continually moves your results forward to it's maximum potential.

(Just wait till you see the end-results after just one coat of Tech Wax is applied)

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

After the worst scratches were removed, it was time to apply Meguiar’s NXT Generation Tech Wax to the entire car. For this T.J. and the owner worked together using Meguiar's G-100, equipped with Meguiar's W-8006 foam polishing pads on about the 3.0 setting.

One of the comments I hear often at these Saturday "Detail Day at Meguiar's events is the hands-on nature of the class along with the demonstrations and instructions, give people the courage to try new things, like the dual action polisher on the finish of their prized possession, in this case a Corvette!

The first time out can be a little confusing because we cover a lot of information in a short amount of time.

Here T.J. helps the owner by showing him where the on button is,

Here are some pictures of a typical Detail Day at Meguiar's and what takes place in the Meguiar's garage.

Teamwork!

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Methodically and carefully, ever focusing on the task at hand, they work around the car using overlapping motions to apply a thin, even, well-worked-in coating.

Note: Notice how T.J. is holding the cord to the G-100 away from the finish to prevent marring the surface. The G-100 is light enough you can easily control it with one hand and this pictures shows T.J.'s attention to detail... no pun intended...

After allowing the Tech Wax to dry for 10 to 15 minutes, it's time to remove it using premium microfiber polishing cloths like Meguiar's Ultimate Wipe.

After removing the Tech Wax, T.J. applies some Meguiar's Natural Shine to the front bra to complete the "Just Detailed Look"

Now it's time to stand back and admire the results...
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Just one word to describe the below results...

Meguiar's

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

We are often asked via PM's, E-mail, and Phone Calls...

"Is there a charge for the class?

The answer is No

All we ask of the attendees is a few simple things,

1) Wash or clean your car before coming to Meguiar's

2) Bring an enthusiastic attitude!

3) Fill out a simple Feedback Form

That's all! We'll do all the rest. If you look closely at the photo below, you will see one of our feedback forms being filled out in the garage.

Also, one thing we want to stress, the events are not selling events. That said, we always have requests by attendees to purchase products while they're there... A lot of times its for something that they have seen used on their car such as the Meguiar's #83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish

To accommodate these requests, Meguiar's offers a 15% discount off of any order placed that day. The items are then all shipped free of charge starting Monday. Catalogs are available and there is always a member from our Customer Care Team to take your order, usually around the time Pizza is served.

Were just happy that you come and enjoy using our products... (and if you want to tell your friends about us, well we like that too!)

And each car at the event and there owner receives a Free Goody Bag!

(Hey Bob! I think you're in half of the photos taken that day... plus you were interviewed for Car Crazy TV! Coincidence?)
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike,

You missed your calling as a novelist! I'm still going over the 80 page FAQ on paint care.

You've put together a heck of a resource. Keep up the great work and I'll see you tomorrow.

Cheers,
                  Alex.

p.s. I bought $590.00 worth of product on Monday

Comment

Mike,

Great Job!

I really like the pics and info on T.J.'s work on the 2003 50th Aniversary Edition Ragtop. What a shine! That car would look real nice next to my 2004 LeMans Blue Commemorative Edition Ragtop (Both polished with Mequiar's best products of course).

Just two questions:

1) You mentioned at the start of the thread that you used #83 with the PC on the Mag Red II coupe, but I did not catch what pad you were using or the OPM. I'm guessing it was #83 with a #8000 polshing pad with speed on about 4.0 - 4.5. Is this correct?

2) When T.J. used the Rotary Buffer on the 50th, I assume the speed was approx. 1,800 rpm. Also correct?

One of my favorites things to do, if time allows, is to step-it down to #82 (or #9) with the PC set at 4.5-5.0 to really get the clear-coat to pop. Then apply NXT as you prescribe.

Nothing beats a well polished Vette on a warm day, top down and a pretty girl by your side. I'm referring to my wife of course.

Thanks for the terrific thread.

Life's short, put the top down!

Comment

Hi Open Air,

I'll have to get back to you in a little while, I'm getting things ready for the Viper Before & After detail here at Meguiar’s tonight.

It starts at 5:00pm and will go until the car looks like a black mirror.

I'll also be posting some pictures of the black Corvette that we did the Side-by-Side Before & After that will be at this years Plastic Fantastic, later also.

On that note: I'm looking for one, or two more Corvettes with black, or dark colored paint for the Plastic Fantastic. Candidate cars will receive a free detail for letting Meguiar’s demonstrate on their car.

Send me an e-mail....
                      Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I sure hate we don't have these clinics close to Alabama
                        but i really enjoy watching everyone have a good time from the pics...thanks Mike

Comment

Breathless, simply Breathless.
                          Rich
                          If you don't have Meguiar's in your hand
                          DON'T TOUCH MY TRUCK

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');