• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North County Corvette Club Detail Day at Meguiar's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North County Corvette Club Detail Day at Meguiar's

And were off to an early start working on Alex's Corvette first applying #83 DACP with a PC and then following with the new Tech Wax.

First a quick demonstration on PC technique,

Then, it's time to turn the PC over to the owner,

After applying the #83 to the entire finish, we then applied the Tech Wax using the G-100 dual action polisher with a W-9006 foam finishing pad.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Later, one of the members of The San Diego North County Corvette Club, removed the Tech Wax using one of Meguiar's microfiber bonnets, on a dry W-8006 foam polishing pad on the PC on about the 3.0 setting.

Afterwards, we pulled the Corvette out into the sun to inspect...

Here it is from a different angle...

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

For this event T.J. Harmon from Customer Care joined in the fun and demonstrated how to remove scratches out of the clear coat using a rotary buffer.

All of the members of Meguiar's Customer Care Team are trained and experienced in all aspects of surface care including wet-sanding, cutting and buffing.

After removing the unsightly scratches, it looks like T.J. made a friend for life!

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Meguiar's Detailing Clinic are more than learning about the The 5-Step Paint Care Cycle, they're also a good time to get together and talk shop...

Here's Bob and Sandy talking about different Meguiar's products and which ones will help them get the results they're after.

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Wow! That is some more gloss on the Red Vette!...The 80's series products really do stand out on clear coat paint!
          r. b.

Comment

And that shot was taken in hazy sun, as you can see! In full sun it's stunning!

Comment

The night before the San Diego North County Corvette Club event was to take place, I received an e-mail notifying me that Car Crazy TV would be at the event to film and interview both the cars and the owners for use on Car Crazy, the TV show!

Here's the director of Car Crazy TV, Art Royce with his camera crew getting ready to, roll film

Mike
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Here's the first interview of the morning with Bob...

Remember, if your coming to a Detail Day at Meguiar's, be prepared with to share your car crazy stories with the world... we never know when the Art and his camera crew are going to show up!

Any Saturday could be your chance to be on TV with your car, and your Car Crazy story!

Mike
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

On this particular morning, Art and his crew captured at least a half-a-dozen interviews with both the cars and their owners, which will appear on the Car Crazy television show in the next few weeks...

Mike
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

What a neat day! Mike and TJ put on a terrific clinic for about 20-25 members of our North County Corvette Club and even supplied some great pizza! You caught Sandy & me looking at the catalog of new products.....yep, you guessed it; I couldn't wait to hand my well worn credit card to the order guys for a jug of 83 and the new MF bonnets.

THANKS Mike & TJ,
                    Bob
                    59 & 99 Vette ragtops
                    waving in San Diego
                    Bob
                    59 & 99 Corvette ragtops

Comment

Detailing clinic - North County Corvette Club

We had a great day at the Meguiars detail clinic April 3rd. We had 29 people from the club in attendance and Mike Phillips did a great job of educating us on the art of paint detailing. We learned a lot (we can always learn more) about the multiple processes needed for a great finish. Thanks to Mike and TJ for their time, and to Barry once again for the Meguiars hospitality.
                      vetter

Comment

Hi silfox and vetter!

Wecome to Meguiar's Online

T.J, and I both had a good time too, I always have fun when I'm working on Corvettes!

I'm getting ready to upload some more pictures righ now! So check back in a little while and share this thread with the people in your club.

Mike
                        Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

will it be of the 47' plymouth, i really love the full write ups you do of the cars with all the pics and great explanations of everything, look foward to seeing it....

Comment

With a wide variety of different model years presents and with 29 club members and few others that showed up from reading about the event on the Internet, we had a very full class.

NCCC even has their own Photographer!

Here's a picture of Sandy Mayer The NCCC President with his friend Mack the NCCC Vice President.

Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Hey,

It looks like everyone had a fantastic day at the Meguiar's Clinic!

Mike,

Can you please post the dates, if possible, for the Car Crazy TV show that will have the above Vettes featured?

Thanks
                              Tim
                              Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');