• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Claying one section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claying one section

I was thinking of claying one section of my car. Can the clay bar be used on just one section of the car that needs it or will it be too noticeable?

I believe people will often only clay the horizontal surfaces of the car. This is becasue that is where most contaminants will land. So it must'nt be too noticable to leave something out.

I clay the whole car, cause it doesnt take that long...
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I assume your car is an 05 mustang....pretty new (nice car!). Anyhow, you should not have too many contaminants on it yet, so you may not see much of a difference.

The clay will remove contaminants and clean the surface of the paint....which will help to bring back your color. On an older car it can be very noticable. I detailed a 98 Audi A6 that had never been waxed or detailed. It is white....well now it's white, it was off white prior to claying it. Clay really brought back the bright white color.
      -Bob
      NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Clay removes above-surface contaminants so you use it where you feel there's gunk that needs removing. A crudded up car may need it all over. As Murr1525 points out, many people find that sometimes only the horizontal surfaces need it.

Personally, I've been known to clay areas as small as a few square inches on occasion.

PC.
        Last edited by the other pc; Mar 31, 2005, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');