• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Washing Faster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Washing Faster

I detail cars in a parking garage. Well, I usually end up washing more then waxing. I work by myself and am wondering how I can get faster at washing.
    The parking garage is underground and inclosed- no sun/no wind.
    Will a basic hose foam gun be quicker than plain bucket & sponge hand washing? Will a 7 amp leaf blower be faster drying than California Water T-blade and Meguiar's Water Magnet? I can currently wash an entire vehicle without rinsing because I'm indoors.
    Any other tips?

Re: Help Washing Faster

Well, the leaf blower should definitely help you speed up the drying process. A lot of water remains hidden in the crevices of the car (door handles, emblems, etc.) after washing and leaf blowers are very useful to push it out easily.

Also, rinse-less car washes such as Meguiar's Rinse Free Express Wash or Optimum No Rinse definitely make washing a car faster.

Other than that, I really cannot think of nothing else right now. It takes me well over an hour to properly wash and dry my car (a mid-size SUV) using the 2-bucket method and all the good and careful techniques. But I'm sure that others in this forum can come up with more suggestions.

Comment

For me, a no rinse wash saves a fair amount of time, add that with the leaf blower and you should be on the right track.

Polishd Mobile detailing
      Last edited by Michael Stoops; Mar 13, 2012, 08:24 AM. Reason: removed live link - not allowed in first 30 posts; please see forum rules

Comment

No rinse wash is the way to go. You can blow the cracks and be done. Use a wax that you can use on a wet car and you should be good.
        San Diego Car Detailing
        http://thesocalway.com/

Comment

If the car isn't very dirty, Ultimate Wash and Wax anywhere can get the job done extremely quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by ethereal45 View Post
            If the car isn't very dirty, Ultimate Wash and Wax anywhere can get the job done extremely quickly.
            Not true. You can wash a very filthy car waterlessly. It's all in your technique
            I was 90% of my car this way and in any condition.
            After you get your technique down you can wash, dry and wax a car in under 20 mins.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

@ Please Wash Me Detailing, can you please teach me that technique. My wash time is killing me. Inside and out job takes me about 2hrs. Need all the help I can get to reduce this time.

Comment

^^^well it actually took me years to learn and accept Waterless Wash.
                In a nutshell: Spray, wipe, buff.
                Here is Croftgates instructional page. http://croftgateusa.com/about-us/cleaning-procedure
                It's all about techniques and understanding what your doing. But once you get it down you'll love it.
                Also, 2hrs isn't a bad time if your doing a good/great job. To me speeding up means you might miss something. I tell my customer I take my time and get it right the first time and they like that. Are you trying to get more cars done? Then you might have to much work and you might need some helpers or raise your prices to get rid of some customers?

DetailingByM.com

Comment

I would add "dust" as the first step, as with a California duster, using the proper technique. If the OP is doing the same cars on at least a weekly basis, a good surface prep (wash, clay, wax) once every few months will help speed up the weekly maintenance routine. For wheels, a thorough cleaning followed by a few light coats of Brake Dust Barrier, and the weekly maintenance need not be more than a quick detailer and wipe.

Originally posted by Please Wash Me Detailing View Post
                  In a nutshell: Spray, wipe, buff.

Comment

^^^ no need to dust first. you can dust if that's all it needs but it's not something you need to do before washing the car.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');