• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any way to fix these problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any way to fix these problems?

Hi,

There are three major issues that I am encountering and I was wondering if anyone could help me resolve these issues. Warning: The pictures below might induce vomiting to some people...

Scratches (I can feel them with my fingernail):

Scratch #1
    I think this is a pretty deep scratch.

Scratch #2
    This scratch doesn't seem quite as deep as scratch #1. (I know... There's a lot of swirls...)

Rear Bumper Gash:

I'm guessing the only resolution to this would be to replace it, right? (Gotta love hit and runs...)

Rear Quarter Panel Dent and Scratched to Bare Metal:

Shot #1

Shot #2
    Would PDR be able to fix this? How would I be able to fix the paint issue?

Oh yeah... One more issue which I don't have a picture of. Is there a way to make touch up paint less "blob-like"?

I'm trying to learn and hopefully can fix these issues on my 2006 Acura TL. The paint is Nighthawk Black Pearl. Unfortunately, I do not have a DA and will try to work by hand.

Thank you

Re: Is there any way to fix these problems?

You may be able to "clean up" scratch #2 with a compound (start least aggressive) and go from there. Same with the scratches around the dent on the rear quarter panel. The good news is that you can get rid of those swirls and water marks with a detail!

The others look like they're past the clearcoat and need more than a detail job. General rule is if you can feel the scratch with your nail, you can't fix it with compound/detailing.

Others will chime in and provide more help.

Comment

As said above - if your fingernail gets trapped in those scratches then they're too deep to just buff out.

Water spots, swirls and some not so deep scratches can be removed by leveling the surrounding paint with a compound.

Comment

For the scratches, do you think a product like Dr. Color Chip would suffice? Do you think the procedure in the video (below) would work in my situation?

What do you guys think about the gash, dent, and repainting the dent?

Comment

Oh yeah... What do you recommend for touch-up paint blobs? Thanks!

Comment

I had succsses removing some smaller scratches like scratch number two on my dads duramax. I used uc by hand and it took down most of the scatches some were just to deep though.Good luck with what ever you do.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');