• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having trouble removing scratches (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having trouble removing scratches (pics)

Today I was trying to remove these scrathes on my Vette using a foam pad (by hand) and ScratchX 2.0, but I saw no improvement. Any sugestions? Also, what would I use to remove water spots.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

scratches

Those aren't horrible scratches if I were you I would try some ultimate compound and maybe the same foam pad, then finish it down with some ultimate polish. If that doesn't help you might need professional help, if you had a dual action polisher that would help alot a rotary would take em right out but I wouldn't suggest that if you do not know what your doing.

Comment

Re: Having trouble removing scratches (pics)

A lot of Vettes have hard clear, not easily polished by hand. I'd suggest and new DA polisher for yourself (and a lot of video time) or a professional. That car would be super slick without the swirls. It would drive me crazy!

Comment

Re: Having trouble removing scratches (pics)

Originally posted by HCAD View Post
        A lot of Vettes have hard clear, not easily polished by hand. I'd suggest and new DA polisher for yourself (and a lot of video time) or a professional. That car would be super slick without the swirls. It would drive me crazy!
        I love to do all the detailing myself, so I'll buy a DA polisher and learn how to use correctly before I start using it on my Vette.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');