• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re: Hot Rims Brake Dust Barrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hot Rims Brake Dust Barrier

This is the first product from meguiars that I've ever been disappointed in. It seems like since I applied it. Brake dust is harder to get off. I have some areas where I scrubbed with soap and still won't come off. I don't know what to do. I guess I'll try some of their wheel cleaner to get this off.

I moved this over to Customer Care for you. Maybe someone can help get this figured out because this certainly doesn't sound right. I have only had the chance to use it on a handful of vehicles myself, but I have been very happy with the results during washing.

Can you explain the procedure you used when applying the product, timelines, and what was used to wash the wheels as a follow-up? We might be able to figure this one out for you.

Comment

Thrill,

Sorry to hear about your disappointing experience with our new Brake Dust Barrier. In no way are we trying to refute the results you are reporting but something is amiss considering our extensive testing of this product and other member feedback. Did you thoroughly clean the wheels before applying Hot Rims Brake Dust Barrier? How long did you let it dry before driving the vehicle? What wheel cleaner are you using for routine cleaning?

At the end of the day if you simply do not like the product's performance you can always get a full refund or replacement product of equal value. If a refund or replacement is something you desire please contact our Customer Care Center at (800) 347-5700, mention this email, and briefly describe the issue.
      Brian Hann
      Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
      Meguiar's Inc.
      Irvine, California
      bhann@meguiars.com
      (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');