• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review: Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review: Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere

I had the pleasure of using one of the latest editions to the Meguiars line, Ultimate Waterless Wash and Wax Anywhere. As many of you may know, I am a waterless and rinseless wash junkie. I have only performed one traditional wash in the past 2 years and that is only because I wanted to see how it felt to do a traditional wash again.

Anyway, I have used Ultima Waterless Wash Plus, Optimum Opti-Clean, DP Waterless Wash, CroftgateUSA Aquanil-X Waterless Wash and Wax, CroftgateUSA Rinseless Wash and Wax, Chemical Guys Hose Free Rinseless Car Wash , Optimum No Rinse and Foamtek Waterless Wash and Wax. Some I have liked and some not so much.

Anyway, I wasn
    Tedrow's Detailing
    845-642-1698
    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Re: Review: Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere

Stop teasing us, Shawn, and post part 2 of your review.

I just came back from AutoGeek's Detail Fest 2012 and during Rinseless/ Waterless Car Wash Class, taught by Joe Fernandez, after testing all the products Meguiar's Waterless Wash & Wax Anywhere was voted No. 1. We all admired its cleaning ability, easy of application and removal plus extra gloss/ protection left behind.

Comment

hmmmmmm, it didnt work
      Tedrow's Detailing
      845-642-1698

Comment

Originally posted by greg0303 View Post
        Stop teasing us, Shawn, and post part 2 of your review.

I just came back from AutoGeek's Detail Fest 2012 and during Rinseless/ Waterless Car Wash Class, taught by Joe Fernandez, after testing all the products Meguiar's Waterless Wash & Wax Anywhere was voted No. 1. We all admired its cleaning ability, easy of application and removal plus extra gloss/ protection left behind.
        Wow I wish I stuck around longer to see that conclusion. I couldn't see the rinseless/waterless application procedure through the live feed cam so I just left. I guess this would have been a good lesson of patience is a virtue.
        2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

I had the pleasure of using one of the latest editions to the Meguiars line, Ultimate Waterless Wash and Wax Anywhere. As many of you may know, I am a waterless and rinseless wash junkie. I have only performed one traditional wash in the past 2 years and that is only because I wanted to see how it felt to do a traditional wash again.
          Anyway, I have used Ultima Waterless Wash Plus, Optimum Opti-Clean, DP Waterless Wash, CroftgateUSA Aquanil-X Waterless Wash and Wax, CroftgateUSA Rinseless Wash and Wax, Chemical Guys Hose Free Rinseless Car Wash , Optimum No Rinse and Foamtek Waterless Wash and Wax. Some I have liked and some not so much.

Anyway, I wasn’t too sure what to expect from this product. I can say that it really combines the best of Ultima Waterless Wash Plus, Optimum Opti-Clean, and CroftgateUSA Aquanil-X. All of the aforementioned are great products but Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere really combines the features of these specifically.
          The first thing you notice upon opening it is the smell. It is STRONG but really pleasant. I really like the smell; almost as much as D301 (mmmmmm blueberries).
          It sprays on real nice and lays down like Ultima Waterless Wash plus. It breaks down the dirt really well and allows for easy wipe-off. There is absolutely no streaking and it leaves the finish pretty slick but not as slick as UWW+. However, it does seem to clean a little better than UWW+.

Anyway, enough with the talking!!!!!! You want the pics!

Here she is before the wash....over 350 miles since her last cleaning...on the highway for 340 of them lol.

And here she is after the Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere as well as a coat of the New and Improved Quik Wax.

That was that side just after an application of the new Quik Wax as you can see from the red bottle.

Tedrow's Detailing
          845-642-1698

Comment

Great review and video presentation, Shawn.

The look of your car really shows how effective this product is.

Comment

Originally posted by greg0303 View Post
              Great review and video presentation, Shawn.

The look of your car really shows how effective this product is.
              Thanks Greg! I'm really liking this waterless wash. Now if only it wasn't $15 and I didn't use 1/2 bottle per wash........yeah I use waterless washes heavy.
              Tedrow's Detailing
              845-642-1698

Comment

Great review Shawn! Your car is looking mighty nice after doing a waterless wash and quik wax. Looks very shiny and swirl free.

Maybe you can also post a video like you did on a different WW?
                2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Originally posted by Marc08EX View Post
                  Great review Shawn! Your car is looking mighty nice after doing a waterless wash and quik wax. Looks very shiny and swirl free.

Maybe you can also post a video like you did on a different WW?
                  You mean with the comparison? In due time sit
                  Tedrow's Detailing
                  845-642-1698

Comment

Hey Shawn,

Great Review! It looks like UWWA is a great product!

I told you UWW+ rocks! UWW+ still kills EVERYTHING when it comes to price/performane. I mean $3.60 a gallon is ridiculous for how good it is.

Comment

My Dad isnt much of one for new fangled stuff. But he tried my bottle of UWWA, and was pretty impressed, though I think he gave a bit of a rinse first, just to be safe.
                      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

UWWA is an amazing product and so is UWW+. I love both of them and as far as I'm concerned they both blow CroftGateUSA Aquanil-X out of the water. I made some UWW+ for my Dad since he had been using Aquanil-X before that. Let's just say, the pink stuff is now collecting dust as it's now antiquated by even his standards. Plus, both UWW+ and UWWA are far more affordable. Can't beat that! Thanks for the excellent review Shawn!

Comment

I really like UWWA too. Although still early in the bug season, but it really seems to take them off. I also like it to clean glass. Great stuff!

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          David

Comment

Originally posted by Garage Troll View Post
                            UWWA is an amazing product and so is UWW+. I love both of them and as far as I'm concerned they both blow CroftGateUSA Aquanil-X out of the water. I made some UWW+ for my Dad since he had been using Aquanil-X before that. Let's just say, the pink stuff is now collecting dust as it's now antiquated by even his standards. Plus, both UWW+ and UWWA are far more affordable. Can't beat that! Thanks for the excellent review Shawn!
                            I'm sure that UWWA is great, but when price is factored in, I'm not sure why anyone is using anything other than UWW+. I"ve been using it for 6 months now, and I've tried everything else (except UWWA) and although there are some good products out there, @ about $3.60 per GALLON it's a no brainer.

Megs would have to come out with M135 v2, with Polycharger and make it available in concentrate form to really compete. Hey there's an idea, they should do this. M135 is the only other QD I use and while I love it, at $30 per gallon, it's just not price competitive with UWW+.

Comment

Hello..

just wondering what product is "UWW+," I can't seem to find any Meguiars product that sells for $3.60/Gallon. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');