• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC 7424 Polishing pad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC 7424 Polishing pad

Arrived today my PC 7424

I buy in elsewhere because meguiars.com don´t send to Portugal .

But i don´t know where i use the polishing pad #54745 (it´s to use with a bonnet?)

Tanks

Meguiar's sells three different foam pads, only two of which are for applying products with this tool. This would be the W-8006 foam polishing pad and the W-9006 finishing pad.

I'm not sure what pad you have but if it's a polishing pad like Meguiar's W-8006 then you can use this pad to apply paint cleaners, cleaner/polishes and cleaner/waxes. If you have a finishing pad, then you can use this to apply pure waxes and polish/waxes.

Do you have access to a digital camera? Posting pictures always helps us to help you...
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

The Porter-Cable 7424 comes from the factory with a screw-in foam pad, #54745.

Most people I know of remove the Porter-Cable pad and put on a Velcro style backing plate like Meguiar's W-64DA. Then you can easily use Velcro style foam pads like the W-8006 and W-9006.

If you can't find the W-64DA backing plate (or better yet, the W-DAV99 set which comes with the backing plate, two W-8006 polishing pads and one W-9006 finishing pad) in Portugal you may be able to find a backing plate from another company that will fit.

If you can't find a backing plate you may want to use bonnets.

PC.

Comment

my PC 7424 come with this polishing pad.
        It´s for what job??
        Attached Files

Comment

Porter-Cable has instructions for the 7424/7335/7336 polisher in English, French and Spanish. (Sorry, not Portuguese.)

The instructions are here: http://www.portercable.com/index.asp..._posted_form=1

They don’t say much, only that the polisher can be used for waxes, polishes and cleaners.

I think Porter-Cable expects most people to use other pads.

PC.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');