• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my dads a6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my dads a6

this was my first attempt with a random orbital sander, im quite chuffed with the results for a new fella to all this!

didnt thiunk it was fair to link all the pics, so you can see em here!

swirly!

im well chuffed!! i used p21s on the last shot for comparison, but somehow ive lost the pic with half nxt and half p21s, and to be honest i found the nxt to be far better, in gloss, glow and sparkle, and even darker looking...
    Last edited by caractere 007; Apr 3, 2005, 03:53 PM.

should of said this is my first attempt at using DACP and speed glaze

Comment

Yery nice indeed! Great color on the Audi!
      Boss_429

Comment

Thanks dude!

Comment

Which polishes did you use?

I understand that some of that Audi paint is very hard? How was it removing those swirls?
          Boss_429

Comment

after speed glaze and DACp i used the polish from the 2nd stage of the deep crystal system, i was very impressed with the immediate darkness it provided, i didnt have any meguiars sealant so i topped it off with the autoglym equivalent then topped it off with nxt. im still impressed with the brilliance of the colour today! yeah the audi paint is a tough one...took me a long time to get to finish i was happy with as i was only using a 8006 pad, could of done with a cutting pad methinks, but thats next on the shoping list!

Comment

Well, it sure turned out nice! Great job!
              Boss_429

Comment

Originally posted by Boss_429
                Which polishes did you use?

I understand that some of that Audi paint is very hard? How was it removing those swirls?

That's some great work! I tried polishing an Audi and I just gave up. Luckily it was white colored A-something or other (4 maybe).

Anyway great first attempt. Dramatic improvement.

Comment

Nice looking car, is that Ming Blue? My 02 A6 is Ming Blue, and I love how nice you got it. I have been trying to use 83 and/or 80 to get rid of the heavy swirls on mine. (I think the previous owner loved automatic car washes.) I have been able to reduce the swirls some, but seem to be adding scratches when I remove the 83/80. I'm going to the Detail Day tomorrow and hopefully Mike can show me what I'm doing wrong

In the top of the third "before" pic there are some deeper looking horizontal scratches, were you able to get those out too?

Thanks,
                  Brian

Comment

Sure that's not a new car in the "after" pics?

Looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaub02A6
                      Nice looking car, is that Ming Blue?
                      yup ming blue!...looks really nice when the sun hits it!

In the top of the third "before" pic there are some deeper looking horizontal scratches, were you able to get those out too?
                      theres one scratch still there mind you very faint, im such a perfectionist, to the normal eye im sure you wouldnt notice it, but i suppose i know it was there so i suppose over critical in that area. might have a go with a more abrasive pad to get rid of that last scratch.

the ultimate compliment!!
                      Sure that's not a new car in the "after" pics?
                      thanks to the forum, without this place i would be lost! keep up the great work!

Comment

Great results!

What version of the dw443 did you purchase?

Uk - 8400-15200opm 230v

or

us - 4300-6800opm 110v

Cheers

James
                        Ibiza Cupra 20VT

Comment

hi james,

i used the uk version 230v, hope that helps!

Comment

In my country, I was able to get the US version (4300 - 6800opm) but in 240V. Do you guys find the original backing velcro plate is not so suitable for use with MG pads? The hooks are simply too long and it hooks on the loops too tight. Over some time, those hooks will fall...
                            zey's detailing photography blog

Comment

I've got the Uk version 8400-15200opm 230v

I'm worried that this is too fast though?

Any thoughts welcome

Cheers
                              Ibiza Cupra 20VT

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');