Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere - Tips & Tricks - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere - Tips & Tricks

Supercharged Lover Show 'N' Shine Car Detailing's Avatar

Re: Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere - Tips & Tricks

Just my .02 worth. I just started using this product this year, 2013. This product does what it says and is amazing. Even if you don't or aren't doing a full detail and just want that quick wash and wax, then this is the stuff. It's easy to use, goes on great, comes off great and smells great. Doing on panel at a time, spraying on, wipe off, move to next panel. I've used it on every surface, wheels, trims, glass, etc, and it's works great.

Unless the car is heavily soiled, then you'd used a hose to knock down the heavier stuff, but could still go back and finish the car with the UWAWA.

Picked up 2 more bottles of it just yesterday! If you haven't tried it, get it.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by stang2000 View Post
    Just my .02 worth. I just started using this product this year, 2013. This product does what it says and is amazing. Even if you don't or aren't doing a full detail and just want that quick wash and wax, then this is the stuff. It's easy to use, goes on great, comes off great and smells great. Doing on panel at a time, spraying on, wipe off, move to next panel. I've used it on every surface, wheels, trims, glass, etc, and it's works great.

Unless the car is heavily soiled, then you'd used a hose to knock down the heavier stuff, but could still go back and finish the car with the UWAWA.

Picked up 2 more bottles of it just yesterday! If you haven't tried it, get it.

I was wondering if it was smart to wash off any contaminations with a hose before using UWWA. Where I live its impossible to not park under an oak tree. When it rains the run off from the trees leaves some nasty stuff. I thought about the outcome of pre-rinsing the car two ways.

1. Good Scenario: The harmful stuff is eased off with a quick rinse from some H2O. Therefore lowering the risk of damaging the finish when using UWWA.

2. Bad Scenario: The H2O standing on the vehicle dilutes the UWWA just enough too prevent it from doing what its meant to do.

I'm pretty sure that the outcome would be numero uno, but still could use some reassurance.

Well, a rinse would at least get the loose stuff off, which only helps.

As long as you were able to get around your car fast enough that water spotting didnt become an issue.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Registered Member

Would it be alright to do this method with UQD?
    Like a couple days after a detail, and my car has light dust on it? (its been windy in socal)

Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by veeedub:526923
    Like a couple days after a detail, and my car has light dust on it? (its been windy in socal)
    It might work. I would still recommend UWWA just for the better lubrication properties. Im sure others will chime in to steer you in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by veeedub View Post
    Depends on how dirty the car is.

If it's only very light dust, then yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueline View Post
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

I use this method when I quick detail my car. However, you can only use QD on light dust as Davey pointed out.
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Meguiar's Nutty detailer STRIFE's Avatar

I have 7 bottles of UWWA, and while i liked the idea of pulling out the hose before using UWWA or UQD/QD..etc
    I find if i were to drag out the hose, why not use RFEW or ONR? To me the use of a hose defeats the whole idea/concept of UWWA...just my opinion
    "STRIFE" aka Phil
    2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
    2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
    2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by STRIFE View Post
    I have 7 bottles of UWWA, and while i liked the idea of pulling out the hose before using UWWA or UQD/QD..etc
    I find if i were to drag out the hose, why not use RFEW or ONR? To me the use of a hose defeats the whole idea/concept of UWWA...just my opinion
    Some of us don't have the luxury of having a place to wash our cars because of where we reside. In my case I "hosed" my car off at local car wash. I live in an apartment complex so pulling out the old hose and bucket is out of the question. I wanted to be extra careful and rinse off anything really gnarly before apply UWWA.

Quote Originally Posted by ahooah48444 View Post
    So if your car want too dirty to start with, can you go lighter on UWWA and treat it as a QD? I know its more expensive to use UWWA instead of QD, but heard its a heck of a detailer. Also, is it safe for all surfaces (glass, chrome, stainless, rubber, vinyl)?
    I do this way more and more - but in Germany UQD is more expensive than UWAWA - UQD 650ml 19,90 UWAWA 769ml 17,90€.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information