• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what I saw at Goodguys DelMar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what I saw at Goodguys DelMar

Goodguys held their 5th show at the Del Mar fair grounds (north of San Diego) today, temp was just about 80, I like to visit the Meguiars truck/booth beauce there is no shipping chagre and they usually have everything on site, I also saw a couple of the sales staff applying #21 to a car in front of the booth, on hot sheet metal, in direct sun, you could almost see it haze on the spot, as soon as one used the buffer to rub it in, another used a cloth to wipe it off, even under these less than ideal conditions, the result was very good, it made the paint look rich/deep and wet. PS, they had the new 2005 consummer line catalogs, they are real high gloss this year.

Re: what I saw at Goodguys DelMar

Originally posted by 3rdtoy
    I also saw a couple of the sales staff applying #21 to a car in front of the booth, on hot sheet metal, in direct sun, you could almost see it haze on the spot, as soon as one used the buffer to rub it in, another used a cloth to wipe it off, even under these less than ideal conditions, the result was very good, it made the paint look rich/deep and wet.
    Thanks for sharing this about applying M21 in the sun. While it's always best to work on a cool surface in the shade, sometimes it's impossible, such as mobile detailers. I think the key here was two people working as a team and wiping it off immediately after it hazed. As Meguiar's trained experts, they also have a certain degree of skill and experience for this kind of thing.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I got a chance to throw it on an 02 C5 this weekend, I'll post a full review tomorrow or monday. Let's just say I was very pleased!!

BTW, how was the show? This is the first year in 4 years I haven't taken my truck down there.
      Chopped 55 Suburban
      99 3.0 CL
      Family cars:
      1958 Eldo Biarrittz Vert
      48 Merc Woody - a true sleeper
      New project: 67 Sunbeam Tiger
      Newest project: 66 Mustang Vert

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');