• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finders fee for referrals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finders fee for referrals

A local auto electronics shop contacted me about detailing for them. They currently do it in-house, but are looking to sub it out. We would like to have an arrangement where they just refer the customers to me directly and I would pay a finders fee to them. Does anyone here have an opinion on a fair number, probably a % of the job price? We discussed options of paying a larger fee for the first job, then any repeat business would have no fee. The other option is to pay a smaller fee each time the customer returns.

Re: Finders fee for referrals

Why not do it for them at there location? As long as the number add up either way is a win for you as I see it. 10-15% would seen to be a fair number.
    San Diego Car Detailing
    http://thesocalway.com/

Comment

10% of the job and maybe more if there nice and give you alot of business and they are quality leads.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

I do this with all my customers. I offer 10% or a free basic wash, but the wash, they have to come to me. I'll mail or deliver the 10% cash referral fee in a gift card, check or money order. It costs me less than today's prices of advertising. I have partnered up with many repair & body shops, dealerships, glass shops and of course my regular customers. It's fun and I rarely get a basic wash so I like that.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');