• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is there a detailer line product sold in bulk comparable to ultimate liquid wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there a detailer line product sold in bulk comparable to ultimate liquid wax?

just as the title states, is there a detailer line product sold in bulk comparable to ultimate liquid wax? sometimes i wonder why amazing products are released as a line that anyone can buy in a store, and there may not be a direct replacement for those of us who own shops etc and would like the same product in bulk sizes. if there isnt an replacement, i guess ill stick with what i can get.

Re: is there a detailer line product sold in bulk comparable to ultimate liquid wax?

I don't believe so, but that would be a great move by Meguiars.

I think the closest thing you might get atm is M21, which is like NXT 2.0.
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Re: is there a detailer line product sold in bulk comparable to ultimate liquid wax?

yeah i use m21 at times, and it does react very similarly to nxt2.0. however, when i use ULW, there are usually far different results as far as depth of shine, etc. sometimes i feel like when i tell my customers, "oh no you can buy this wax anywhere" when referring to ULW it doesnt really give them a professional idea that you would expect from a detail shop. i kinda pride my products as being bulk meguairs products that, while still readily available to the general public, you simply wont buy them in a big box store off a retail shelf. you have to go to a specialty store or order online, and i actually like that. it gives it that professional edge. im not saying there is anything wrong with distributing through wal mart and other retailers. businesses have to make good business decisions, i just like to see professional versions of these products away from the general public eye.

Comment

I wonder D157 Synthetic X-Press Liquid Was is closest to ULW. Some of Walmart stores are already selling couple Mirror Glaze line of products.

Well, even Walmart is selling professional line, average customers would not duplicate the experience, skills and technique you guys have. It is like you give me a rotary and M105, I probably make it worse than correct the swirl.
        2010 Subaru Legacy GT - Graphite Gray Metallic

Comment

The D157 is much more of a quick wax product, not one of the high end waxes.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
            The D157 is much more of a quick wax product, not one of the high end waxes.
            My bad. I confused D156 is quick wax and D157 is high end wax. Thanks for the correction.
            2010 Subaru Legacy GT - Graphite Gray Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by Ktraughb View Post
              yeah i use m21 at times, and it does react very similarly to nxt2.0. however, when i use ULW, there are usually far different results as far as depth of shine, etc. sometimes i feel like when i tell my customers, "oh no you can buy this wax anywhere" when referring to ULW it doesnt really give them a professional idea that you would expect from a detail shop. i kinda pride my products as being bulk meguairs products that, while still readily available to the general public, you simply wont buy them in a big box store off a retail shelf. you have to go to a specialty store or order online, and i actually like that. it gives it that professional edge. im not saying there is anything wrong with distributing through wal mart and other retailers. businesses have to make good business decisions, i just like to see professional versions of these products away from the general public eye.
              Good point. I would probably feel the same if I detailed for dollars.
              Originally posted by Blueline
              I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

i actually have never tried d157. anyone have any long term experience with it? based on comparisons to other renowned waxes applied via DA. yeah @davey, it gives it a bit more of a prestigious feel when its not a product you see everywhere. i understand there are some super high end waxes/sealants out there that most of the public would never see, but i like the value and performance i get from meguiars products, and of course they have one of the most recognized names in car care so it speaks for itself. not to give the wrong idea, i just like a level of professionalism.

edit--i read up on d157, doesnt sound like the wax for me. i dont mind to do an entire vehicle, allow to dry to a haze, remove and see great results for months at times.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');