• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pilling on GC Ultra Plush Terry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilling on GC Ultra Plush Terry

I bought 4 of the Ultra Plush Terry Towels at PepBoys last week. They have been remodeling so everything was dusty, so I washed them before using them. (The package says prewashed and ready to use)

I washed them in warm water with liquid detergent (I use Costco's no-dye no-perfume soap). When I pulled them out of the washer there were clumps of lint, I removed them and then machine dried on medium heat.

When I pulled the towels out of the drier, they are covered in little pills. The pills make for hard spots on an otherwise very soft towel. I am worried that these pills will cause scratching? Did I do something incorrectly in my washing? Or is this normal and will not cause a problem? The towels we were using at the Detail Day saturday did were not like this.

Thanks,
    Brian

Hi Brian,

I spoke with the Product Manager for this product as well as Customer Care and so far no one has heard or seen this.

I'll look into it some more.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike.

Comment

btw, I can mail these down to Irvine if they would like to see them.

Comment

That sounds like a good idea,

Mike Phillips
          c/o Meguiar's Inc.
          17991 Mitchell South
          Irvine, CA 92614

I'll send you back something in return.

Mike
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

That looks like just some of the loops came undone in the towel. I doubt that would scratch the paint. But I would test on just a small area to be sure.

RamAirv1
            2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
            2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');