• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G110 died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G110 died

My g110 just died half way through a detail, turn it off would not turn back on unless I gave it a few tap with a rubber mallet. Has anyone ever had their g110 rebuilt before? are the bushings replaceable? are they rebuildable? or do I purchase a g110v2?
    -- www.fquick.com/TRIPOWER --

Yes you can replace the brushes. It will die again.
    Buy a Porter Cable 7424

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Re: G110 died

I moved this into the Customer Service hotline. I suggest getting in touch with the call center and seeing if they can troubleshoot the cause.

It is possible the brushes need to be replaced, which is a quick and easy fix, or the cord may have some loose internally. It's impossible to say at this point what exactly is the cause, so rather than jump to conclusions I would dig a little deeper.

Comment

TRIPOWER1,

Sorry to hear about your buffer. Please give our Customer Care Center a call at (800) 347-5700 and mention this thread. I will look for some G110 brushes here in the office but do not want to promise anything until I know for sure. We have several G110v2 brush sets but that won't help you with a G110.
        Brian Hann
        Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
        Meguiar's Inc.
        Irvine, California
        bhann@meguiars.com
        (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Hann View Post
          TRIPOWER1,

Sorry to hear about your buffer. Please give our Customer Care Center a call at (800) 347-5700 and mention this thread. I will look for some G110 brushes here in the office but do not want to promise anything until I know for sure. We have several G110v2 brush sets but that won't help you with a G110.

Brian,

I just talke with Tom in customer care, I will be shipping the unit out to be looked at, and I have stoped my order on the g110v2 that I had ordered last night. I will keep you updated on the status.
          -- www.fquick.com/TRIPOWER --

Comment

I just replaced a brush on the g110 with a brush from a chicago angle grinder and it worked perfectly. It is just a regular square brush.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');