• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Post... check out my beautiful 2011 Kia Optima EX Luxury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Post... check out my beautiful 2011 Kia Optima EX Luxury

Hi everyone,

I just bought the Meguiar's clay bar kit to use on my father's 2009 Ford Taurus that has never been properly cleaned... should keep me busy for about 3 hour tomorrow.

Check out my car blog at www.nlcarblog.blogspot.com

I'll let you know how the clay bar works out!

Re: First Post... check out my beautiful 2011 Kia Optima EX Luxury

Clay wont take too long. Whatever cleaning/polishing/waxing you do after will take longer.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I have some EX-P Sealant to follow up with.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy99 View Post
        I have some EX-P Sealant to follow up with.
        As murr stated flying will only take an hour if that. Once that is done you should follow up with a cleaner the a polish to add oils then finally your wax
        Rupes 21 / Flex 3401 / G110v2 / GG3"
        Thoryamaha919 AKA Evan
        Click and Like my Facebook Page

Comment

So here's how it all went:

Clean the Taurus with Turtle Wax Premium Ice car wash - about 20 minutes and 10 minutes to dry thoroughly.

Clay bar treatment - about an hour from beginning to end and I had a helper with the clay as I sprayed the lubricant and wiped off after. One bar easily did my father's very contaminated car, I can still use it again, I used about half the detailing spray. TIP: DO NOT DROP THE CLAY, EVERYTHING STICKS TO IT.

So once we were done you could really feel the difference in the paint but I noticed the small rust like spots did not go away so I had to break out the TRIX.

TRIX - About 20 minutes to apply, rinse and dry

EX-P Sealant - 15 minutes to apply, 15 minutes to let set and 15 minutes to buff off.

Then I couldn't help but clean the interior and doors a bit with my turtle wax total interior care.

Look at er now! Would you look at that shine.... and it wasn't even sunny when the pictures were taken

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');