• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#21 initial review w/PICS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #21 initial review w/PICS

First off I want to give a big thanks to Mike Phillips for supplying me with the sample!!

I have used the #21 on three seperate ocassions now. I have used it by hand and via PC, but not with the rotary...I don't think I will.

Packaging Well the bottle is a sample bottle, but I have no problems with it. I am sure the real #21 bottles are neatly packaged with clear instructions.

Physical description of the product #21 is a thick purple liquid that doesn't seem to have any artificial scent added.

Application Via PC #21 is as you would expect very easy to apply. I applied it with a meguiars foam finishing pad at a speed of 3. A few drops on the pad covered my entire hood and front quater panel. It DID NOT stain my trim which is smooth plastic, not textured.

By hand the product applies easily and spreads thinnly. I had no problem getting a thin even layer. The spots that were a little thicker were no problem to remove and did not streak. The temp was in the mid 70's both times I applied it, the hunidity was normal.

Removal Removing the #21 via a pak shak MF was a breeze, no streaking, no hard rubbing, just clean removal. I waited about 15 minutes before removal. I also saw no dusting and my towel did not load up as quickly as when using other LSP's.

Summary Having applied #21 to two different vehicles I get the sense that its closest relative within the Meguiars product line is not NXT at all, rather it is the new formula of GC. As I used #21 I was constantly reminded of the new GC, the removal is the same, application seems really close, even the look of the finished product is similar. Compared to NXT the #21 doesn't seem to darken the paint as much, but does seem to have more crisp, clear reflections. I also feel that there is less set up time needed for the #21 compared to NXT. With NXT I find that if I don't let it completely set up before removal, I get *some* streaking. With the #21 after about 15 minutes you are ready for streak free removal. I also find that the #21 spreads more easily than NXT and therefore removal is a touch easier and there is less dust. Not that NXT produces a lot of dust......

As far as cleaners go, I find it less than #20 and about the same as NXT. I applied a coat to my whels which are not clear coated, #20 turns the applicator RED, NXT and #21 only show a slight bit of paint transfer. I like that it has cleaners.

Final process

I applied PB's SSR2 with the PC and a meguiars polishing pad @5.5.

I then applied #81 witht he PC and a meguiars finishing pad @3.

Next I applied one coat of #21 with the PC and a meguiars finishing pad on 3.

Finally I applied one more coat by hand with a foam applicator. I applied the second coat by hand to minimize the cleaning ability of the product and to ensure even coverage.

All products were removed with pak shak MF's.

Does this count as full sun?

Reflections

mmmm pearl

Just for fun

Wow, your car looks absolutely awesome. Those reflections are very clear and sharp and the blue is glowing. The more I see, the more I like.

Comment

Looks GREAT! Anything with pearl in it rocks!
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

ebpcivicsi

Comment

Wow looks great!!! love this JDM car too with these nice Rota GT3 rims on it (ever tried the metal polish on it?)
          And the blue is popping

Comment

Dam one cleanest car here
            I see Spring is full speed ahead...I see blossom on those cherry tree?

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');