• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIY. Grit Guard, weekend project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New and improved design

Great job. I tried to make my own, but I got discouraged. I was using the lid from a smaller bucket and started drilling holes. But I had shaving bit everywhere. So I dropped my project. I closed my eyes and just ordered me a couple for $20. But the egg crates and plastic boards are ingenious. More chambers at the bottom improves the design. I actually think that if another company came along like yourself could give the grit guard company some friendly competition.

Comment

Re: DIY. Grit Guard, weekend project.

Originally posted by thurman View Post
      Great job. I tried to make my own, but I got discouraged. I was using the lid from a smaller bucket and started drilling holes. But I had shaving bit everywhere. So I dropped my project. I closed my eyes and just ordered me a couple for $20. But the egg crates and plastic boards are ingenious. More chambers at the bottom improves the design. I actually think that if another company came along like yourself could give the grit guard company some friendly competition.
      $20 for a couple of gritguards seems reasonable. At my place, it could cost $35 for two. Hence, I'm not willing to pay that much for something that can be made, it just need for some patience and little effort.

Comment

I think I got two grit guards for $15 -- they can be found buy one get one free from time to time.

Comment

This inspires me to do my own Grit Guard(s). However, as blades and I do not always see eye to eye, I think I'll be using my Dremel with cutting disc to cut to shape, and use sanding disc to polish off rough edges.

Comment

Wanna See the dolly!!!!!!
            Great Job!!!!!!!

Comment

Those are the nicest looking home made grit gaurds ive ever seen. Good job

Comment

Great job on the grit guards. I purchased mine through amazon for $14 for two so for me it was the best $14 spent. Your effort was amazing though.

Comment

Nice job!

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');