• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad swirls on a '10 370z.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bad swirls on a '10 370z.

Yeah they weren't there... I have seen holograms with a porter cable before... Any tips on removing them?

Comment

anyone?

Comment

So if the holograms definitely weren't there before, you must have instilled them in your process. To remove them, you would step down to a less agressive product such as SwirlX on the DA. Then UP (optional) then wax...
        Originally posted by Blueline
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

what kind of pad are you using? I've heard that if you use a cutting pad, with UC, you can add holograms into paint... Use Meguiars yellow pad with UC

Comment

I was using a cutting pad (yellow from LC) is the yellow pad from Meguiars the equivalent of the orange from LC? Also here is another before and after shot of my swirls being removed.

Before:

After:

Comment

Meguiars has three types of foam pad, and two series:

Soft Buff:
              Maroon - Cutting (Not recommended for DA if I remember correctly)
              Yellow - Polishing (What you should be using for UC)
              Beige - Finishing (What you should be using for UP and Wax)

Soft Buff 2.0:
              Maroon - Cutting
              Yellow - Polishing
              Black - Finishing

Lake country does make a bewilderingly large choice of pads. You'd have to study their site to work out equivalents.
              2012 Jaguar XF Portfolio Sport / Midnight Black Pearl Exterior / Ivory & Charcoal Interior
              2007 Honda Element SC / Nighthawk Black Pearl Exterior / Copper & Black Interior

Comment

Originally posted by jayno20 View Post
                I was using a cutting pad (yellow from LC) is the yellow pad from Meguiars the equivalent of the orange from LC? Also here is another before and after shot of my swirls being removed.

Before:

After:
                Very nice results! And a great thread here. This is a great example of why this forum is here and the results you can achieve with Meguiars consumer line when used correctly. Kudos to all of you!!!

Andy
                Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Nezil View Post
                  Meguiars has three types of foam pad, and two series:

Soft Buff:
                  Maroon - Cutting (Not recommended for DA if I remember correctly)
                  Yellow - Polishing (What you should be using for UC)
                  Beige - Finishing (What you should be using for UP and Wax)

Soft Buff 2.0:
                  Maroon - Cutting
                  Yellow - Polishing
                  Black - Finishing

Lake country does make a bewilderingly large choice of pads. You'd have to study their site to work out equivalents.

Yellow LC cutting pad worked well with the UC, honestly I am not sure I would have got the results I wanted from a less agressive pad. It may have been responsible for the holograms at the bottom of the doors, but I went over it again recently (with an orange LC pad which is slightly less agressive) and they seem to be gone.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');