• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Dollar I Ever Spent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Dollar I Ever Spent

Well I recently tasked myself with an interior detailing project on a 2001 Ford Focus SE Wagon (the exterior detail will happen at a later date so look forward to my post on that). And believe me when I say this interior was bad. The girl who owns the Focus told me the interior hadn't been cleaned in three years (years with a y). So after removing all the trash, vacuuming everything, blah blah blah it was time to get started on the stain removal and actual cleaning process. And this is what I used for my all purpose cleaner - http://www.lastotallyawesome.com/htm...Degreaser.html I picked up a 20 ounce bottle at Dollar General for $1.00. I diluted it to a 10:1 ratio and went to work. And let me tell you this stuff WORKS. Every stain whether it was on vinyl, plastic, or cloth came right up with very little effort. But why simply tell you about it when I can show you.

Center Console before. I have no idea how old those stains are or even what the stain is (I would guess soda)

Gone

A stain on the middle seat of the backseat. Again I have no idea how old the stain is or what it is.

No more stain.

Very nasty drivers side door handle.

And after

I have more pictures in my gallery (the 2001 Ford Focus SE Wager Interior Befores and Afters albums) but that's just a small sampling of what this product did.

Re: Best Dollar I Ever Spent

Great work! She must be happy with the result.
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Thanks. And indeed she was. Before vacuuming it looked like it was driven down a dirt road with all the doors open. The real test is gonna be the exterior. That hasn't been washed except by mother nature in a year and I can pretty much guarantee it hasn't been clay barred since it rolled off the assembly line.

Comment

Good luck with that! Let us know how it goes...
        Originally posted by Blueline
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

O dear, sounds almost like my car when I bought it, I had a sandbox for floor mats, and they didn't clean it up very much, just a trip through the automatic car wash. I've cleaned it up so it looks almost like new, except for some paint chips and stuff like that...But they are older people so I guess I can't blame them.
          "Some say that he has a digital face, and that he has a full sized tatto of his face....on his face...all we know is, he's called The Stig!"

Comment

nice job on that interior

and if u are mobile or shop detailer make sure u have a tornador u can find at autogeek its very nice tool specially for interior

Comment

I almost bought that stuff at the dollar store, but figured how good could it be or it would probably eat through anything I used it on. I have to give it a try now.

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
              "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');