• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help Choosing Appropriate Products for New Travel Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Choosing Appropriate Products for New Travel Trailer

Hi Folks

I just purchased a new Starcraft travel trailer, which is sided with .024" corrugated aluminum exterior siding. The dealership wanted to charge an additional $1k for an exterior protection polish/wax that is supposed to last care-free for several years. Needless to say, I'm not buying it... figuratively or literally. I figured I could do this myself much cheaper but after talking to the service technician during the pre-delivery inspection, I discovered that they're using a ResistAll product called BeautiSeal SRV. It appears to include ****** or some similar polymer compound and this product is only available to authorized dealers and needs to be professionally installed. Thus I'm now on a quest to "beat the system" so to speak.

Folks on various RV forums swear by Meguiar's products but they're either applying it on older travel trailers to restore luster or on a surface such as fiberglass. With all of the Meguiar's products available and not being experienced with polishing/waxing, I'm a bit overwhelmed and hoping someone can provide suggestions.

Initially, I'm looking for something that will protect the corrugated aluminum siding from UV rays, protect the decals and set the stage for easier regular cleanings thereafter. Any suggestions regarding a specific Meguiar's product and frequency of application would be appreciated. Assume regular cleanings with a mild soap, soft brush and probably air dry. Additionally, should I use any other Meguiar's products in between applications of a more heavy-duty protectant?

In short, I'm looking for any suggestions for an initial protectant and then for a regular polishing/waxing maintenance solution for the exterior of my new trailer.

Attaching a picture of the trailer below for color reference in case it makes a difference which product you would recommend.

I really appreciate it.

Thanks
    Jason

Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');