• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Qwik Detailer WITH wash or INSTEAD of wash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Qwik Detailer WITH wash or INSTEAD of wash?

Are you supposed to use the UQD AFTER a car has been washed, INSTEAD of washing your car, or INBETWEEN washes. If the last, how often do you wash your car, and how many times in between washes do you use UQD?

Re: Ultimate Qwik Detailer WITH wash or INSTEAD of wash?

UQD would be to remove light dust/bird droppings in between washes.

Some people like to use it after a wash, or while drying, to help get any water spots.

Generally UQW would be better after a wash though.

Some people wash twice a week, some wash once a month. I do mine when I can, so usually a couple weeks.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: Ultimate Qwik Detailer WITH wash or INSTEAD of wash?

UQD is used to remove light dust, bird bombs and finger prints. It's used as a maintenance product in between washings in order to prevent contamination from bonding to the paint surface. So it is used IN BETWEEN washes.

It all depends on how often do you wash your car and how often you drive your car. If you wash your car once a week then you may be ok with using UQD 2-3 times in between washes assuming your car is a daily driver. If your car is a garage queen then you can UQD your car after a week or so. The key is light dust.

If you want a spray on product that will is used INSTEAD of washing your car then you need to look into Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere. It's a waterless wash product.
      2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');