• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will this work?? need opinions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will this work?? need opinions??

Well I have decided against the Megs Microfiber kit because my 97 Toyota 4runner has been repainted on one side and don't want to possibly have a problem. My truck has not been waxed in about 4 years but has always stayed clean and the paint is in decent shape except for minor imperfections and many swirls. I have Megs #9 Swirl Remover 2.0 but heard its not that agressive.....So I was thinking from reading to use MEGS Ultimate Compound and maybe then follow up with the Swirl Remover 2.0???? Would this be a good combination or is there something else I should be doing? Since I have this bottle brand new I would like to use it if its going to work. I am using a PC 7424xp. Will the UC be too agressive for my paint? UC is fairly priced and I like that.....Also, I've heard that pads bigger than 5.5" is not really recommended for the PC 7424xp and I only see Megs 6.5 or 7" pads. I see many use Lake Country pads in the 5.5" and most say stick with this size so here I am confused again. I like Megs products so looking for a solid combo that will work well. THanks for any help

Re: will this work?? need opinions??

You can use the M09 after the UC but I would think you should use a product like M07 show car glaze or even Ultimate polish. Once you have compounded an area or a car it needs to be followed up with oils found in a pure polish or a polish like UP. OPnce you have replenished the oils in the paint then you just top it with you wax of choice. I

I myself am a found fan of M07 I find that it has given the cars I do that wet look and really bring out the colors of a car very well.

As far as your DA I am not fimliar with PC and what pads need or should be used. I see if I can dig around and find out information for you.
    Rupes 21 / Flex 3401 / G110v2 / GG3"
    Thoryamaha919 AKA Evan
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by thoryamaha919 View Post
      You can use the M09 after the UC but I would think you should use a product like M07 show car glaze or even Ultimate polish. Once you have compounded an area or a car it needs to be followed up with oils found in a pure polish or a polish like UP. OPnce you have replenished the oils in the paint then you just top it with you wax of choice. I

I myself am a found fan of M07 I find that it has given the cars I do that wet look and really bring out the colors of a car very well.

As far as your DA I am not fimliar with PC and what pads need or should be used. I see if I can dig around and find out information for you.
      Thanks for the tips.....Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish are excellent values especially from amazon. What is the difference between the UP and the M07? If not much, then I will probably stick with UP. Are they both applied well the a DA? thanks,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by hdoggie24 View Post
        Thanks for the tips.....Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish are excellent values especially from amazon. What is the difference between the UP and the M07? If not much, then I will probably stick with UP. Are they both applied well the a DA? thanks,,,,
        UC and UP are made to go hand in hand. M07 is a straight pure polish . You will be fine with UC and UP and they both go on great with a DA
        Rupes 21 / Flex 3401 / G110v2 / GG3"
        Thoryamaha919 AKA Evan
        Click and Like my Facebook Page

Comment

Nothing wrong with trying the #9 after UC, and seeing how you like it.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');