• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just tried it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just tried it.

I got the 12 oz sample from auto detail solutions and finally got a chance to apply it to my red 996. Here is my review of the product. Lets start off first by saying the car is a daily driver so it does have swrills in it. I started by polishing it with a polishing pad and some Mezerma IP. I only went over it once and did not remove all of the swrils. I did this near the evening so I did not have the time to follow it up again to get all of the swrils out.

Application was rather easy with a Meguiar foam applicator. I found the sample I got came out rather thick and when I first spread the product there was a thick gel at the first spot I started at. Kind of like jelly speading on bread. I just kept speading the product and went back to the inital spot the thin it out. Overall its a easy product to use, but not as easy as Wolfgang which is rather watery and spread far using very little product. I found that you had to use more product like using #6.

Removal: It set up rather quickly even at the evening hour I was using the product. It was about 62 degrees and dry out and it took about 10-15 minutes to haze. Removal was very easy it wiped off in one pass. I turned the MF over just buff a shine.

Impression. I found the look pretty deep for a synthetic. I does remind me of Wolfgang which is suppose to be most carnuba like for a synthetic. I don't think it has the warmth or depth of P21S, but good enough for me. It does fill in swirls pretty good, I would say its about eaqual in filling as GC. I find the reflection very good too, but not a reflective as stuff like AIO/SG, but I'm not a real fan of that look. I kind of happy that there is some cleaners in it. They are very minor, but it helps on spots you may have missed with the polish. I also like the cleaners as my cars are outside alot so it may help with maintaining the surface if I reapply without polishing first. The slickness is very good, not as good as a pure carnuba, but comparable to the Wolfgang. I never use NXT so I can't compare the two. I say this product is a keeper, now if they only would make a 16 oz bottle. I just don't like to buy in bulk. Picture will come soon.
    Eddie

Hi:

Application was rather easy with a Meguiar foam applicator. I found the sample I got came out rather thick and when I first spread the product there was a thick gel at the first spot I started at.
    Since this product is on the thick side, shaking the product well before use is important. Once the product has been vigorously shaken it will spread very evenly.

Regards,

KTruck
    Make it Shine

Comment

I did shake it very well. It might be the fact that I got a sample and they did not shake it well before pouring it in the bottle. The problem is that when I start to spread the product there is one spot that clings on like jelly. I have to go over it to spread it. I guess this product is more for machine use.
      Eddie

Comment

Hey,

I have not seen the product gel like that. My guess is that you are correct in that they probably did not shake it enough before pouring out the sample.

Cheers!

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');