• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anti fog window treatments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti fog window treatments?

Just curious if anyone has used these before? I'm not sure Megs makes one that I know of but I know RainX as well as glass Science has offerings (the later of which I scooped up on close out from a local shop). Kinda curious if its worth the effort to apply to my windshield and whether it will work well or not? I've noticed my '12 Mustang really likes to get condensation on the inside of the windsheild, more than other cars, though its nothing a few minutes of defroster (either warm or cold, depending on weather) cant handle.
    2011 F150 5.0L 4x4

Re: Anti fog window treatments?

Not a fan of the RainX one. Seems like more of a hazy mess when my Dad tried it.

Think CarPro has one also...
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I'm a Rain-X fan, but not of their anti-fog product. I've tried it on a dozen different cars over the years and it never really worked. The water accumulations begin with more spherical droplets, but that's about it. I've tried a handful of others but none of them really make a night 'n day difference. I think the problem with these products is not the products themselves but the environment; there's just not enough air movement for the moisture to clear. You're relying on heavy droplet accumulation and gravity to clear the window. Usually there's not that much water on the window.

If you don't mind the smell, I found using regular Rain-X yields the better results.

Comment

I've never seen one that actually works for any length of time. I sell the service thru my auto detailing company but I always feel like a crook for doing it.

San Diego Car Detailing
        http://thesocalway.com/

Comment

I used own a 90' ford ranger that had a bad fog problem , my rear window and side windows would not clear. I decided to try rain X anti fog on them , I cleaned the windows thoroughly and followed the directions on the bottle. The results were pretty good, although the windows still had a small amount of fog on them but not enough to obstruct my visibility like they did before. Results lasted about a month!

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');