• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which compound to use? ultimate or 205?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which compound to use? ultimate or 205?

I had my car repainted last year and my paint had acquire a couple light scratches from things moving around it, micro marrin and some swirls.

My car has been sitting for 3 months without a cover. <-- I regret it. People been bumping and scratching it by moving stuff around it.

I plan to foam it with dish washer soap, car soap, clay bar, 205 or ultimate, then pure polish/glaze follow by a sealant or wax.

Does this sound good?

Also which is better for lighter cleaning? Ultimate or 205?

Re: Which compound to use? ultimate or 205?

Probably dont need the dish soap.

And I would probably pick #205 for a mild cleaner.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Frozenbarb:507108
      I plan to foam it with dish washer soap, car soap, clay bar, 205 or ultimate, then pure polish/glaze follow by a sealant or wax.

Does this sound good?

Also which is better for lighter cleaning? Ultimate or 205?
      Like murr said, not much of a reason to use dish soap. I'm assuming by Ultimate you are referring to Ultimate Polish. You should use M205 for better cleaning. I personally think you'd be wasting your time with a pure polish after m205. It may add a little more shine, but I don't think you'd notice a difference.
      Always searching for the best.... Keep it country!
      ---------
      SkiDoo Snowmobiles!

Comment

Re: Which compound to use? ultimate or 205?

For best detailing results: use the 2 bucket rule (1 for soap, 2 to clean mitt/sponge), wash in the shade, clay bar, ultimate compound (removes scratches, stains, swirls) or from the professional line M105, polish with M205, then use ultimate liquid "paste" wax. For dust removal after you detail your car use Meguiar's quick detailer and wipe away with a microfiber towel.

1) Ditch the dish washing soap and get either Meguiar's Gold Class or Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax Soap
        2) Yours sounds good, but try mine out and see if there's a big difference in results
        3) M205 is Mike's (from Meguiar's) favorite product out of the entire line-up of Meguiar's products. I say stick with M205!

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');