• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silver Car Owners!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Silver Car Owners!!!

Here's a shot of the hood with the sun on it. Looks like no swirls, so I'm happy. And wow does my car have metallic in it, lol

Fender edge sun shot

Show N Shine Car Detailing - Quality Care, Each and Every Time

Comment

^ Your silver paint is looking great!
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Thank you. It's also a 2005. I've always been told by the dealerships when I trade in my car to the same place that it's cleaner than it ws when I bought it. lol They've always loved me bringing my cars back, because they know I take care of them.
        Show N Shine Car Detailing - Quality Care, Each and Every Time

Comment

Originally posted by Philt922 View Post
          Okay so I took the advice of a lot of different people and did the full detail to my car. I even went out and got a GG6 and for anybody who is on the fence about spending that $100 to $150 on a D/A let me tell you it is well worth the money. I will admit the D/A was intimidating at first especially since I came from an orbital but once I got the hang of it I was able to wax my Camry in about 15-20 minutes. I will try to post some pics tomorrow but let me give a brief description of what I did:

1. Good wash with GC
          2. Spot Clayed the rough parts around the fender's and bumpers (didn't really need much since I last clayed about three weeks ago)
          3. UC (2009 with slightly neglected paint)
          4. UP
          5. NXT 2.0 let dry for about 2 hours
          6. NXT 2.0 let dry for about 30 mins
          7. After removing all the wax the paint looked beautiful but I thought why not try some UQD to make it pop (hopefully not overkill)

Unfortunately for me though the car is not garage kept and we got a rain storm two days later (guess I should have checked the forecast). Any ways tell me what you think, any feedback would be great.
          I don't understand the different times for dry NXT. I thought that the wax cure is necessary, with any time (4 hour or more) between coats. But wait hours for dry really make diference?

Comment

Originally posted by stang2000 View Post
            So this morning I did the drivers side of hood. This time I used again clay bar, then changed to swirlX, then #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax to finish. Not a noticeable difference between the two. Still both produce great results. I'm thinking I'm going to go buy some used hoods from junk yards to practice on, probably black, red and silver/white. Should be able to get them for a decent enough price.
            Oh, man, what a pity that I'm so far... my black Zafira is waiting for detailing... LOL And if we speaking about silver, my Fiat Uno too!!!!

Comment

Great, great job!

Comment

My wife's old car was silver (03 Pontiac) and I loved the shine I could get out of it. I used to hit it with Meguiar's Cleaner Wax on a polishing pad followed by NXT 2.0 on a finishing pad. The metallic would pop just like Stang2000s pictures above, and the shine was downright blinding.
                -James
                2012 Chevy Silverado ECSB. Z71 4x4. 5.3

Comment

the trick to silver is a respray of clear with pearl in it.

Comment

The hard paint on my wagon was problematic. Initial attempts at getting out some swirls (difficult to see in silver paint) with M105 were not very successful. After trying a few other things in various combinations, the DAMF pads and polishes did the job. Before I had really shiny swirls, but for the first time in 50,000 miles there were actually no swirls. And the next day in the sunlight the wet glossy shine brought the silver titanium paint to life, I mean heads literally turned.

In the picture above, look at the masking tape. The shine on either side of tape is similar. But on the side Michael is working on the swirls are being removed, where on the other side of the tape the swirls are still there, albeit difficult to see.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');