• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell us - Anybody besides me still using a wool pad regularly ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell us - Anybody besides me still using a wool pad regularly ???

I seem to always use a wool pad with m105. I follow up with foam for M205.
    I just can't seem to fall in love with the 7000 foam cutting pad.
    Maybe Im just used to it, but everything seems to go better and faster in wool!
    Is it me?
    Am I missing something?

How do you all feel about this???

Re: Tell us - Anybody besides me still using a wool pad regularly ???

Originally posted by goldfish45 View Post
    I seem to always use a wool pad with m105. I follow up with foam for M205.
    I just can't seem to fall in love with the 7000 foam cutting pad.
    Maybe Im just used to it, but everything seems to go better and faster in wool!
    Is it me?
    Am I missing something?

How do you all feel about this???
    "Better" is good, "faster" isn't always so good. You've tried something else and returned to a combination that works just fine for you. It's one of those "if it ain't broke" situations.

Comment

Sometimes, nothing gets the job done like wool. I only use them sparingly, but I'll never be without them. It's probably more of an old-school thing, 'cause when I learned to buff that was all we had. A "polishing pad" in the 70's was just a finer grade wool.
      Yeah, I burned my share of paint over the years.
      Bill

Comment

When I was leaning they always said if two people came across a problem they would both use something diffrent cuz of the personal opinion some use wool some use foam some use hig some use low and the only wrong thing to do is burn threw

Comment

For those times when I must use a rotary, I also tend to use 105 & a wool pad.

When I am removing sanding marks, I find the 105/wool pad/rotary combo has a longer working time and dust less than the 105/foam pad/rotary combo.
          Andy W.
          Bimmers - '72 Tii, '74 Tii, '88 M3, '91 318is, & '01 330i
          Ford - '91 Ranger

Comment

I still use a wool pad for cutting. I just can't get the results with a foam pad. Probably just need to spend for time with a foam pad.

Comment

I prefer wool pads. They are actually safe. Today I compounded a very fresh paint using a foam pad fixed into a rotary buffer and the paint was burnt

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');