• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars Car wash for bucket free wash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiars Car wash for bucket free wash?

Some competitors make spray bottle that can be used for bucket free car wash.

However, I think I can just put water and good car wash in a spray bottle to make bucket free car wash.

Did Meguiars test some of Meguiars car washes for such use? If yes, what is recommended dilution ratio to make bucket free car wash spray bottle?

Personally, I don't like the idea of a bucket free car wash. The biggest reason is the risk of marring, essentially you are using the same mitt on the entire car and just moving the dirt around without actually removing it from the mitt. IMO, the best system is the 2 bucket method (one with your wash solutions, the other with just clean water and a grit gaurd for removing particles from your mitt) where you are always washing the the car with a clean and debris-free mitt. The car wash step is an important step in maintaining your finish, why rush it?

Comment

Meguiar's doesn't not offer a car wash that can be used without rinsing. All Meguiar's car washes are formulated to be added to gallons of water in a wash bucket, applied with a wash mitt or brush and then rinsed off with a stream of water.

For light dust, fingerprints, streaks and smears, Meguiar's offers a variety of different mist and wipe products such as Quik Detailer and Speed Detailer.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I also think using bucket is better (two buckets is even better). Actually I have a Meguiars bucket and grit guard.

However, the only place I can wash my car is auto wash or self coin wash. So I tend not to use bucket so often. So, as a compromise, I consider spray bucket free wash (http://www.eagleone.com/_products/2,2081106_usage.asp). Although such washing is worse than bucket wash, I feel that a good mitt is better than the large brush at coin wash.

Comment

Originally posted by ktlimq
          I also think using bucket is better (two buckets is even better). Actually I have a Meguiars bucket and grit guard.

However, the only place I can wash my car is auto wash or self coin wash. So I tend not to use bucket so often. So, as a compromise, I consider spray bucket free wash (http://www.eagleone.com/_products/2,2081106_usage.asp). Although such washing is worse than bucket wash, I feel that a good mitt is better than the large brush at coin wash.
          That must be a new product. I've never seen it in stores yet. Have you tried it yet?

I like to use the Speed Detailer to remove dust, bugs, light dirt, and waterspots. I save the NXT Car Wash for the mud and extreme dirt, and there is plenty of that on the roads. In areas with water restrictions, the quick detailers can save a lot of aggravation. When it's not raining, QDs can avoid a lot of car washing time and the results are great.

RamAirV1
          2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
          2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

I did not use that EagleOne bucket free car wash. But I tried a non-Meguiars car wash to make my own bucket free car wash. I tried this method a couple of times. I used about 50 ml car wash to fill about 950 ml spray bottle. This spray and my mitt worked better than the large brush at self wash bay.

I bring two mitts. When my car is fairly clean, I use one mitt, and the other is spare for the case one mitt falls to the ground. At one of the coin washes I use, I can use credit card and operate the wash bay for very short time. So I can also spray water to my mitt, which is similar to rinsing mitt in the bucket, and I can also work section by section.

I bring 2~3 self made spray bottles.
            First, I sray it on the whole car (including wheel wells) for pre treating. Then I insert coins or credit card and rinse the car. Thereafter I use my mitt and the spray.

I like this method more than the method using only wash-bay-provided things: the wash bay's spray soap water and foam brush.

ps
            I have experience with Meguiars Quick Detailer. My car became shiny without washing. But at first use, I got streaks - perhaps because I sprayed too much QD.
            Last edited by ktlimq; Apr 9, 2005, 03:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');