Review GC Versa-Angle Wide Body Brush
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Review GC Versa-Angle Wide Body Brush

Registered Member

Review GC Versa-Angle Wide Body Brush

First off I have a few item to say before the review. I have not used the brush yet. All I have done was removed the brush from the package.

Next is my reluctance to use a brush on the paint of any vehicle for fear of scratching. I think this skepticism is a thing of the past.

I couldn't wait to remove the brush from the bubble plastic. Of course the package had an area around the bristles cut out to feel the bristles. I got to tell ya this is the softest brush. How can Meguiar's make I guess plastic bristles so soft.

The instructions recommend using the two bucket wash method to prevent marring. This brush seems to be the real deal.

Now if the rain would stop so I could wash a car and watch the Masters golf tournament.

Review will be later on.

I also have the brush and have not used it for fear of scratching. I will eagerly await your review.

Registered Member
    Originally posted by OrangeRcode
    I also have the brush and have not used it for fear of scratching. I will eagerly await your review.
    I appreciate that. I must say so far so good with the brush. It feels super soft. Shouldn't be any problem with scratches if the brush is frequently rinsed off. We'll see. Expect the review later tomorrow.

Thanks
    Rick

I've used the versa angle wash brush on two vehicles, one white and one a light champagne color. I didn't notice any marring on either finish, but to be honest these colors tend to be very difficult to see imperfections. Just make sure you load the brush with your wash solution and you should be fine. Hope this helps.

I may add; a grid guard should help clean the brush without the use of two bucket method. But then again for those who are really concern about scratching the paint with dirty wash soap, why not combine both One rinse bucket with clean water and grid guard and the other with the wash soap. May be you can do a comparison test of this method during your bursh test. That is if you have a grit guard.
    By the way I am anxiously await to receive my brushes and grid guard.
    Cheers
    Last edited by romulus; Apr 8th, 2005 at 11:05 AM.

Registered Member
    Originally posted by romulus
    I may add; a grid guard should help clean the brush without the use of two bucket method. But then again for those who are really concern about scratching the paint with dirty wash soap, why not combine both One rinse bucket with clean water and grid guard and the other with the wash soap. May be you can do a comparison test of this method during your bursh test. That is if you have a grit guard.
    By the way I am anxiously await to receive my brushes and grid guard.
    Cheers

That's one thing that puzzles me. It's going to be tough to use the grit guard due to the size and angle of the brush and handle. Unless I do this with each rinse. Excuse my little helper.

Any better ideas out there or something I'm missing???

Update: Turning the handle upside down helps.
    Last edited by scrub; Apr 8th, 2005 at 12:04 PM.

Registered Member Mike Phillips's Avatar
    The benefit to a quality brush like Meguiar's is that the brush bristles allow removed dirt to freely rinse out and into the water in your bucket. Any particles removed will then drift down under the Grit Guard grill preventing them from being re-introduced to the finish.
    Mike Phillips
    Office: 800-869-3011 x206
    Mike.Phillips@Autogeek.net
    "Find something you like and use it often"

Registered Member
    The pics don't show but the brush kind of gets stuck before it hits the guard. My grit guard isn't going anywhere. Plus I still plan on using my new Ultra Plush Wash Mitt to wash the other parts of the vehicle. Thanks for the additional info Mike.

scrub,

I wouldn't worry about the brush fitting all the way down to the grit guard. When you pull it out, you're giving it a good spray from the hose anyway.......... right?

Anyhow, how does it work on paint?
    Boss_429

Registered Member
    Hey Boss.

I tried the brush today. All in all a great brush. The handle is a tad short. I didn't rinse the off with the hose after each pass. I just used the 2 buckets to rinse and resud the brush. This brush holds tons of water and suds.

See this link for more info. 05 Accord Detail and New products review Lots of pics. And hang out a few minutes and I'll put something together.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information