• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doesn't matter HOW much you pay for a car....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Doesn't matter HOW much you pay for a car....

Originally posted by ffboy View Post
    Maybe they do care, but have other things in mind for that car than just keeping it swirl free.. On the other hand, maybe they're thinking I drive an exotic supercar with awesome handling and it more than makes up for the swirls in the paint. Like saying, why worry about swirls when I can just focus on driving this car on the track?
    Totally agree...while I like keeping my car clean and shiny...I'm not going to drive myself insane looking for "micro - swirls" on a daily basis....better things to worry about for the common person.

Comment

I get alot of work by pointing out stuff like that at car shows. LOL. They also tend to pay well also.
      BMW ZSCCA Area Rep SoCal

Comment

^^I wonder if I went to cars and coffee and handed out fliers for detailing...how many people would call? heh

Comment

Black and swirls go hand in hand.....most of the time!
          Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

"Black Metallic McLaren MP4 at a local car wash"......what is wrong with the owner? They can afford a pro!
            Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Originally posted by SVT Lightning View Post
              "Black Metallic McLaren MP4 at a local car wash"......what is wrong with the owner? They can afford a pro!
              Some people don't give a hoot. I went to a car show in Anaheim yesterday. I makes me wish I was in the detailing business...EVERY car there was swirled up like a %!#%$!@^!^$^%$!^!$%@$!!$

Comment

Originally posted by CreamPuff View Post
                Some people don't give a hoot. I went to a car show in Anaheim yesterday. I makes me wish I was in the detailing business...EVERY car there was swirled up like a %!#%$!@^!^$^%$!^!$%@$!!$
                I know what you mean.

Although if the people "don't give a hoot", they wouldn't be paying you to remove those swirls, so business wouldn't be too good! lol
                Originally posted by Blueline
                I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
                  Haha! That's so funny how we look for that stuff too.
                  I keep asking my wife to look at the swirls on my hood. She cannot see them and when I say you have to get at a certain angle she just stares at me. It is nice seeing I'm not alone here.
                  2012 Nissan Maxima - Crimson Black

Comment

Haha, yep - it is kinda funny how car care guys zero right in on imperfections like that.

I just bought a new Civic Si last week. I was walking through the lot and approached the Civic. I immediately spied a 3-inch long light scratch right next to the door handle. It was the FIRST thing I noticed. Not the rims, not the interior - the scratch, lol.

Haha, I'm serious - it was like in the movies when a character suddenly sees something and the camera ZOOMS in super-fast at what they're looking at, lol.

Comment

Ha ha ... As Meguiars' own Jason Rose once said: "I am cursed for life because I can never look at beautiful paint without seeing the defects."

I can so relate to that...
                      Originally posted by Blueline
                      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

^^^^+1
                        Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');